Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 02, 2006

5dp5dt - Halfway there

I am so nervous and scared this morning. I woke up with the most period-like cramps I’ve had in a while. I am so afraid that this means that the IVF cycle didn’t work. This is exactly how I feel right before AF shows up. Of course, I’ve never been pregnant - maybe some women feel this way when they are pregnant.

I shared my fear with a friend from work and she told me that she thinks my problem with getting pregnant is that I’m not relaxed. And my first reaction is “what about those first 2 years before we went to go see an RE? I was as close to relaxed as one can get and didn’t start getting really nervous until my OB/GYN told me to go see an RE. Not once in those two years did I get pregnant. There is obviously something wrong (like a blocked fallopian tube and who knows what’s going on with the other tube or any other number of issues).” I hate that. I don’t need to hear – just relax. You wouldn’t tell someone who is about to hear other types of life-changing news to just relax, would you? Does just relaxing make it so all medical issues disappear?

I do realize I should relax as there is nothing I can do about my chances of being pregnant now, which is why I asked friends, family, well ,anyone, to help distract me. I went to go see Talladega Nights last night with a support group buddy. It was rather funny – particularly, the outtakes at the end. Those just cracked me up. And after seeing a preview for Borat, I may have to see that movie. I didn’t think I wanted to see it, but after seeing the preview, it looks hysterical.

Anyway, about the conversation with my friend, I promptly changed the subject to where I could drop off my sharps container. She would know since she has to give herself shots because she has diabetes. It turns out I cannot just take them to a pharmacy like the RE’s office said. It seems only the county health department will take them, but I can purchase a new one at most, if not all, pharmacies. That’s kinda inconvenient – you would think you would be able to go to just one place to take care of this stuff, but no.

And ouch – my backside hurts a bit this morning from where this morning’s shot took place. It keeps throbbing. Just ouch!

Well, anyway, I hope I’m wrong about the whole AF-like cramps.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hear ya. That "just relax" line infuriated me too. When a friend told me that, I said, "Oh, so you would tell someone with cancer to 'just relax' and they will be cured?!" She was a good friend, so I could say that. She got the point after that.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If only "relaxation" was the issue, right? And pregnancy is different for everyone, everytime. You may have cramping b/c there is something new in your body and your body is trying to adjust? I did have cramping with my first. I kept feeling like my period was coming, but then it never did. No one can tell you what that means b/c we are all different, so just try to hang in there and stay positive, just a few more days left! *hugs* I am praying for you!

     
  • At 10:41 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    right. just relax. I'll get right on that.

    You can take your sharps containers to Bartell. We did that just a couple weeks ago. They charge you a couple bucks per container for disposal.

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    I don't have any experience in this area - but I am holding thumbs, crossing everything and hoping that it isn't AF!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Ah yes, just relax! My favorite advice ever!

    Keep me posted on the sharps container. I couldn't find out where to dispose of them either, and ended up getting rid of them in an unproper manner :-)

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    doesn't it just suck that there isn't some obvious sign that you're pg that happens right after implantation?? Like colored nipples. Blue for boy, pink for girl and one of each if it's b/g twins!! Is that asking too much, really??

     
  • At 2:22 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    That "just relax" comment is infuriating. I am sorry you had to hear that.

    Fingers and toes are crossed for you. Hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home