Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Transfer History Pt. 3

October 28, 2006 3:03 p.m.

Well, I came close to floating away, but thankfully, I didn’t. I drank too much water that they said I could go to the bathroom a little bit – that’s not really an easy thing to do.

To backtrack a bit, we showed up to the clinic around 11:05 or so. At first, they weren’t answering the phone to let us into the building, but on the 2nd try, they buzzed us in. We get up there and waited for what felt like too long since I desperately had to go to the bathroom. Listening to music on my iPod helped. We finally go back to the transfer room – they check my bladder and allow me to go the bathroom a little bit. At first, I thought the nurse was telling me to drink more water and I freaked out a bit!

We get back into the room and the doctor comes to introduce herself – the last doctor in this clinic I’ve yet to meet. She seems really nice and actually reminds me of a friend I had in law school which was a bit weird. The doctor hands us a picture of the two embryos that they are going to transfer. Those two embryos made it to blast, so yay! She said that she feels our chances are good with these embryos.

The other embryos – 2 of them arrested; the other 3 are still going, but she’s not sure if they will make it blast. It is possible that one of them will, she said. We will find out for sure tomorrow. After signing some paperwork telling us what happened with all the eggs, then embryos, we were ready to get started.

The doctor knocked on this sliding window and the embryologist was on the other side. The doctor prepared everything for the transfer to take place. After that, she switched the screen to show how the embryologist was getting the 2 embryos. Then once the embryologist got the embryos, the doctor inserted the catheter and then transferred the embryos. The embryologist then got the device back to make sure the embryos were actually in my uterus, which they were. After she took out the catheter, they also took a picture with the ultrasound to show us where the embryos were placed.

With any luck, one or both of them stick around for a long while. We will find out for sure on Tuesday, November 7. I need to call to make an appointment for that on Monday.

Right now, I’m just hanging out writing this for whenever I post this to my blog. I watched Lost and Veronica Mars, but I don’t feel like watching tv right now. I really don’t feel like doing much of anything really. I need it to be November 7.

Well, that’s all for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home