Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Inpatiently waiting for AF and my weekend

It's not often that I actually want AF to show up, so it is kind of annoying that my cycle is going to be so long this time! Today is CD30. As soon as AF shows up, I'm calling to make an appointment for CD3 to have the SHG test done (as apparently that is the test my RE would rather do that than the HSG) and the CD3 bloodwork. Also, my husband and I are, hopefully, going to different banks this week to get financing for IVF. Hopeflly, very soon we will be on our first IVF cycle.

This weekend was an o.k. one. I walked around Greenlake with a friend on Friday night, then went back to her place for a little bit while our hubbies were finishing playing their game. Saturday, I went to Colman Park to go watch the Blue Angels fly around the city (they come every year for Seafair). I love watching the Blue Angels fly around. When I was younger, since my dad was in the Air Force, we used to watch the Thunderbirds more so than the Blue Angels. The Thunderbirds are fun to watch too. Anyway, after the show, we had to hike back up some steep hills back to my friend's car and it SUCKED. It was hot and I am out of shape (though I am trying to fix that problem) and felt really nauseous on the way up. It's kinda sad really that I let myself get so out of shape. I'm trying to get back into shape and to lose some weight as I figure that might be a good idea to lose some weight before I start IVF and hopefully, get pregnant. Plus, I'll look better and feel better about myself.

So this morning (speaking of my effort to get into shape), I walked around Greenlake a couple times while my husband and a friend ran around the lake. It was actually really nice to walk around it a couple times, even though I was a little tired at the end, but I think I could've gone around another time but I knew my husband and friend would be done soon.

Also, I had $75 worth of amazon.com certificates, so I ordered this so I can keep track of how far I've walked. I asked for free shipping, so it will be a while before it gets here, unfortunately. I was saving my certificates to buy the 2nd season of Lost, but since I haven't really watched the first season that I got and I will get more benefit out of this than the DVDs, I decided this was better use of the certificates.

Oh, and thanks to Jenny for recommending "Unsung Lullabies". I went and borrowed it from the library yesterday and there is so much in there that I can relate to. It is a really good book so far.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm also trying to lose a little of the weight I've put on this summer with the IUI + Clomid cycles. The exercise feels good, like I'm reclaiming my old self. Good luck with your workout plan!

    And that book "Unsung Lullabies" is so great. It really helped me a lot.

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger x said...

    I am glad you like the book. It helped me clarify some of my feelings and help makes sense of them.
    I hope your period shows up soon. I'd be curious to know what an SHG is?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home