Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Some More Misc. Thoughts

Work has kept me quite busy the last couple days and tomorrow will be yet another busy one. Supposedly, my coworker comes back from maternity leave on Monday, so that will, at least, take one project off my desk (and I am very much looking forward to that aspect of her coming back). However, with her coming back, you all know what that first day will be like. She will have to share the pictures of her baby and everyone will have to "ooh" and "aah" many times. I know that I'm just jealous of her that she can get pregnant with such ease.

Have I mentioned that I have been invited to vanpool girl's baby shower in September? It's on the 15th (2 days after my birthday) during work hours (yet another during work hours). I won't be going unless some miracle happens and I'm pregnant.

This cycle continues to be weird. My last cycle after the IUI wasn't that weird, but I'm wondering if I'm just going back to my fluctuating ways or are the injectables doing this? Today is CD25 and still no sign of ovulation. Oh, and last post, I meant that I have a fertility monitor. I think I will just wait until next cycle to use that.

My friend from my support group gave me this book tonight of which she recommends. I was really hoping that I would ever need this book, but it looks like it will be a good resource. Has anyone else read it?

Well, that's all for now. We are still working on the financial aspect of paying for IVF, but I hope to have that settled soon because I really want to get going on my first (and I hope, only) cycle! That reminds me. So at my work, we are not allowed to take vacation time the whole month of November (except Thanksgiving) and half of December because I work for a large retailer and well, that's our busy time. It doesn't matter that my department is rarely busy at that time, but we must all follow the rules the CEO put down. Anyway, so I asked my boss today about whether I would be allowed to take time off for IVF during that time if that was when our cycle would take place (I hope it will be sooner, but who knows). She said that she wasn't sure, but we can certainly talk to the higher ups about it. Wow, there's is nothing I would love to do more than go to my VP or Senior VP and ask if I can have time off for IVF (please note my sarcasm). She said I could probably take the time needed if I used my sick days, but we'll see. Perhaps this is all a moot subject because our first cycle will be in September or October (seems like an eternity from now)! Then we'll wait a bit, then do the next cycle.

O.K. That's really all for now. :-D

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Oh wow! That sounds like a total nightmare- having to ask some senior VPs for medical treatment.

    That is really ridiculous. I would check with HR. Medical treatment is medical treatment!

    Plus- it is not as if you'll be taking off a month. It will be little pieces of time here and there. Not counting the early morning blood counts and scans, I just needed one "sick day" because my transfer ended up being on a Sunday.

    Good luck!

     
  • At 9:12 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Hopefully you will be pregnant long before then and you won't have to worry about it! It's good that you are preparing them all for it now, though. And you never know who has gone through it - Maybe someone in the higher ups has had trouble conceiving and will sympathize.

    Good Luck!

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    Good luck with your coworker coming back. I just absolutely hate that part. Of course we love baby photos, we just don't want to see yours, we want to see our own.

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger ms. c said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger ms. c said...

    Sarcasm noted... twice.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to find yourself pregnant by the baby shower! (I feel your pain.)
    About the time off, Alli has a point, maybe you will find an empathetic ear. I say cross that bridge when you come to it. (for what that's worth!)
    (oh that deleted post was me by accident, sorry!)

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger x said...

    I read the IVF couples book. It is a good one, explains all the ins and outs of what goes on. Probably one of the better one's. It covers the "facts" of IVF. If you want one that really handles the emotions, I recomend "Unsung Lullibies".
    I hope that everything works with the time off. I hate explaining my personal life to people that could really care less.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home