Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 6 of Hospital Bed Rest (31 weeks 1 day)

Well, I have great news. After the ultrasound, I was told that everything looks stable - nothing had changed, but later when I was talking to the nurse, she said that my cervix actually went from 7 mm to 1.6 cm. I commented that I didn't think that it could grow - she said it can't, but that something to do with gravity not pulling down on the cervix may have helped it close up a bit again - I think from the inside as it did look a little smaller on the inside when they were doing the ultrasound, but I just thought I didn't know any better - after all, last week, I thought it looked the same as the time before when it wasn't. I'm waiting for my OB to come by and explain things a little bit more.

In other great news, a friend of mine from my support group delivered her twin boys yesterday. Both babies weighed just under 5 pounds. I'm looking forward to meeting her babies!

Thank you to my visitors of today - yes, I did end up having visitors, which is really, really nice - including a cutie pie 3 month old! One of my visitors came while I was at the ultrasound, so I'm sad I missed her and her 2 month old sweetie.

Well, that's my news for today! Some great news - if only it meant I could leave the hospital!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

    Hang in there! I know how rough hospital bed rest can be...or at least I hated it (not everyone does). I am thinking good thoughts for you and the twins.

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    Great news about the ultrasound and the cervix - glad to hear thaty ou're hanging in there ok!

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    Hi there!
    I am just now getting around to checking my blogs after being MIA for a few days...looks like I missed a lot!! But I am glad that you are doing better and it seems like you've got a great attitude. I hope the next few weeks fly by for you; but, of course, the most important thing is keeping those sweet babies healthy!!
    Happy belated Mother's Day : )

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home