Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2007

antepartum

[special guest blog by Desperately's husband]

…we went to a routine ultrasound today. The babies look good. Uber he’s est.
4lbs 10oz, ranking in at the 97%. Unter, she’s smaller, estimated about 3 lbs
15 oz, ranking in the 63%. They look normal, their heart rates are normal, and
they are breathing the amniotic fluid (I hear that’s good). We saw our daughter
(Unter) rubbing her little bottom on Heather’s cervix. While her brother (Uber)
was kicking my wife’s ribs.

Did I mention they are big?

My wife's cervix had gotten a lot thinner, the ultra-sound doctor dude sent us
right away to our OB. And she, sent us right away to the hospital. Desperately
even got a wheel chair ride. They didn’t let me drive / push the wheel chair,
but said I was very helpful by opening the door and pushing the elevator button.
Woo-hoo I helped!

Well, she is confined to the hospital for the next 4 weeks.

They think her cervix is shrinking because the babies are pushing on it. They
have her are watching her closely, and are treating the threat of pre-mature delivery very aggressively. Yup, aggressively telling her body to slow down.

It’s kinda surreal right now. I’m thinking “wow, this will make a great story on
prom night” or “hmm…I wonder how this will get worse.”

Please remember us in your thoughts and/or prayers.

Did I mention she was having contractions last night? They had her hooked up for awhile, monitoring her, and each baby. The babies still seem to be doing fine. She said she eventually fell asleep around 2am. (Is it just me or is Letterman not as funny as he used to be?)

The nurse woke her up this morning around 6am, because she was having more contractions, brought on by a full bladder. Those subsided after the bladder was emptied.

[thus ends the husband's report]

9 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Ali said...

    Wow. Good luck for you all. I'm sure Heather is just thrilled to be stuck in the hospital.

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh man.
    Intense!
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.
    It probably doesn't help much but remember that 30 weekers generally weigh 3 lbs and they tend to do very well if born prematurely.
    Factor in how huge your twins are by comparison, and the fact that she's being treated so pro actively and I'd say having two very healthy babies is very likely.
    Is she on any toccolytics? I ask only because it might interfere with how lucid she is.
    Just a few suggestions to keep her occupied while she's in the hospital - sudoku, crossword puzzles, knitting, crocheting.

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

    Thanks for the update!! I hope that everything progresses smoothly and hospital rest doesn't drive you too nutty. ;>) Hang in there and keep us posted.

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Thanks for the update! Please send Heather my hellos and good wishes to you both . . . keep us posted!

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    ah crap! I leave town for a week and look how things fall apart!

    Hang in there unter and uber!! It's not time to meet mommy and daddy yet.

    Glad to hear they are being aggressive with her though, she's right where she ought to be.

    Awesome news that the babes are so big - granted that's part of the problem, but in the end will be a great thing for everyone.

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    I'm thinking of you all and hoping that Heather is able to stay pregnant for a while longer so those babies have even more time to grow. Sending many prayers and postive thoughts your way.

    -Faith

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Watson said...

    Wow, sounds scary and exciting at the same time!

    Please tell Heather we send her (and the babies!) good wishes that all goes well, and that we're thinking of her.

    Thanks!

     
  • At 7:59 AM , Blogger Sunny said...

    Great report! I am glad that the twins are doing well. HUGS to mama!

     
  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    Wow! I'm sorry I'm just now catching up in blogland. Please let your wife know we're all thinking of the four of you. We've commanded those little ones to stay put until they're physically ready. Make sure to tell them that!!!! Best wishes and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home