Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Anxious about FFN result (29 weeks 3 days)

Last night, I got a phone call from my OB's office that the fetal fibronectin test came back negative (this test is supposed to determine whether preterm labor could occur in the next 2 weeks), but this morning, I got a call from the OB's office saying that it is actually positive and there was some miscommunication. Yesterday, my OB said I should definitely stop working at the end of week 31/beginning of week 32 which would be 2 weeks from this Friday. Before then, it would be up to me. However, that may change now b/c of the results of the FFN. The OB I talked to said that this doesn't necessarily mean preterm labor will occur. I'm still really anxious and I may have to stop working sooner - I'm hoping that my OB calls to let me know if she wants to change her opinion on when to stop working. I will stop working sooner if it would mean delaying labor - I really want to make it to 36 weeks.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger Carol said...

    sorry for the disappointing news, but hopefully you'll continue to manage it well and keep those babes in for several more weeks at least!

     
  • At 12:20 PM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    Wow, I had no idea they even had all those tests but I'm so glad to know since it's likely I'll need them, too. I have been wondering how long I'll be able to work; I'm pretty worried about it now with all of the swelling & back pain I've had. But, we've got to do what's best for the babies! And, I'm with you about getting them to at least 36 weeks.
    Wishing you the best :)

     
  • At 5:41 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    No, stay put little ones! I really hope they stay inside a little longer. I'll be sending up some prayers that you make it to the 36 week mark.

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Let's hope the littles ones decide to stay put for just a bit longer. Keep us posted.

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Watson said...

    Good luck Heather,

    I hope you're able to make it to 36weeks -- take care of yourself, I know this must be so nerve-wracking!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home