Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stupid weather

Because of the icy conditions in the area, I stayed home from work per the state patrol's suggestion. After seeing the news, it looked like a good idea. However, they showed the news later, and I think I could have made it to work, but it really wasn't worth the risk. However, I HAVE to go in tomorrow. I wish I would have known that I was going to be at home all day, I would have had the pharmacy ship the PIO and needles to my home instead of my work. And I NEED the drug and the needles for Thursday, so I have to make the trek into work tomorrow. Would it be bad if I missed a day of the progesterone?

One of the ladies in my vanpool said that they are going to go into work from 7 to 3:30, so I have to be at the transit center by 6:15 if I would like to join them. Yuck! This means doing the PIO shot even earlier than we normally do. Hopefully, that won't be an issue. I told her that since I have no desire to drive myself to work tomorrow especially since they say more icky weather is on its way. I really don't like this type of weather - I really think I need to move somewhere where it never snows and never gets icy.

My husband braved the elements today and went into work via the bus. He got in quite a bit later than normal and well, he's not home yet and usually, he's home by now. Luckily, the college he's taking classes at cancelled classes for tonight, so he's coming home. He didn't go to classes last night either, of which I was grateful for - I really didn't want him driving in the mess I had just come home from.

I'm sure that people in other parts of the world are laughing at people in Seattle not being able to drive in this mess. We're just not used to snow and icy conditions. It's actually more the ice that I'm nervous about than the snow.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, it's been really awful out. My husband had to push stuck cars out of the way last night in order for us to get home. It wasn't fun, but we made it. Hooray! Thank goodness for telecommuting (for those who can).

    Congrats again on the babies. I'm betting 2 boys. ;-)

     
  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    it's not just the conditions and the ill-equipped drivers, it's the fact that it's sooo rare that the transportation department isn't prepared to deal with it. Add to that the fact that it's going to be wicked cold tomorrow and nothings going to get a chance to melt for a few days.

    This has been crazy weather. We set a new record for most precipitation ever this month and now we're going to break records for cold temps. And it's not even December!!!!!

    Be sure to bring warm clothes tomorrow in case you get stuck. I think they expect some roads to be worse tomorrow since some stuff thawed today and will refreeze tonight.

    Couldn't someone in your vanpool get your PIO for you??

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    I don't know if I could have someone bring it to me. The roads around my house look so icy that I wouldn't want to put someone through that. I wish I didn't have to put myself through that.

     
  • At 4:28 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    You guys are having unusual snow and ice and we are having unusual sun and warm....normally it is in the teens and 20's by now and this past week has been in the 50's and 60's..I didn't ever think I would be "happy" to be living in Ohio ;)

     
  • At 6:17 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    I used to live in Upstate NY, and dealt with snow and ice for way too many months of the year. I don't regret moving to Alabama one bit. Glad to hear everybody is safe.

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Ali said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Ali said...

    I'm from Seattle but live in New York City. The snow here is much different than in Seattle. Black ice? They've never heard of it. Hills? Please. It's a completely different experience--I've driven in the snow here a trillion times without a problem (although I can't say that about all the SUVs I've seen sliding across the road--go 1992 Honda Civic!) and I've seen my life flashing before me when I've attempted the same in Seattle. So, go with your instincts--stay home! You are pregnant! Don't take any unnecessary risks!!! Enjoy the day off. Call the doc about the progesterone . . .

     
  • At 1:44 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I hate snowy weather, which is ironic because I live in Massachusetts. Sorry that you have to deal with crappy weather.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home