Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 27, 2006

And the verdict is...

TWINS!

OMG!!!!!!

Sorry to keep everyone waiting in suspense. We got home around 3, made a couple calls, went over to a friend's house as I told her I would, and because of the stupid snow, I am just now getting back home. I was in traffic for about 40 minutes and my friend was only 2 miles away!!!

Anyway, back to the important information...both babies are doing well. They are at the appropriate sizes they should be at right now. One's heartbeat was at 122 and the other was at 130. It was so incredibly amazing to see that little flutter of a heartbeat...then later, the other heartbeat. I seriously came so close to crying seeing that beautiful sight - thinking about it now makes me tear up. At first, they thought it was just one, but one of those babies was playing a bit of hide and seek with us! The nurse said to us, "I thought it couldn't be just one with those high betas!"

I have pictures, but I will need to go to a friend's house to scan them along with the picture we got at transfer as I don't have a scanner.

OMG!!!

21 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I knew it!!! So awesome that you and Alli are both having twins and I'M NOT!!!!! YIPPEE!!!! Hehehe

    Wow, I'm so excited for you girlie!

    This snow is CRAZY!!!

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    You and Alli both having twins! I am very very excited for you...the best is yet to come :)

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Donna said...

    Congrats! Just checking in and happy to see such wonderful news.

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    Sincere congratulations - we share the same due date :) Settle in - I promise that you are in for one wild ride! Invest in some top-of- the-line baby bjorns!

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    When is your due date? I don't remember you saying that?

    I am sooo happy! I am an auntie twice over. yay!!!

     
  • At 3:00 AM , Blogger Sunny said...

    SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

     
  • At 4:07 AM , Blogger Portia P said...

    I'm so happy for you! Wonderful news.

    Enjoy every minute of the next few months. Many many congrats xxx

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!!!

     
  • At 5:46 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Congratulations! That's wonderful wonderful news!

     
  • At 6:12 AM , Blogger Ali said...

    I've just discovered your blog. I am a Seattlelite living in New York. Congratulations! What wonderful news!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:29 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    DOUBLE YAY!! Congratulations!

    So worth waiting all day to hear from you...

     
  • At 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!! That's fantastic news (and I can still say that after another sleep deprived night!).
    I wasn't going to say anything when I saw that high beta...

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    Wow - I suspected twins from that beta number too. Congrats!

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

    Congrats on the twins :) That's wonderful...so very happy for you!

     
  • At 10:10 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    OH MY GOSH! Lol. Congrats! I was worried when you took so long to post but, you're right, the snow/ice is just insane.

    Well, it's nice to know I will have someone to go through this twins thing with! :)

    CONGRATS!

     
  • At 2:12 PM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Wow!!!! Congrats! You must be in shock!

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger noela said...

    Congrats -- I hope everything continues to go well with both babies.

    You probably won't want me around much or commenting much on this though, because my experience with this exact situation is not so good!

    But I hope everything goes perfectly for you!

    Take care,
    Nilla

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW,

    what great, wonderful news...I am SO happy for you !!

     
  • At 6:25 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    Congratulations to you and your husband!! I am so happy for you. What wonderful news! I just knew it :>

     
  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    YAY! Not one but two heartbeats! So amazing!

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger ms. c said...

    What wonderful news! Congrats, girl! This certainly explains the high betas!
    YAY!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home