Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm here at work rather than enjoying a nice day off.

Yesterday's Thanksgiving was a good one, I thought, except for the drive to our destination. It was POURING the whole way to Renton. Thankfully, the way back home was much nicer weather-wise.

This year, the men were outside frying a turkey (which was quite tasty, I thought) while the women were inside doing other things. We had quite a bit of food (we even brought some home with us). It was quite good, but, unfortunately, I was starting to feel a little queasy while eating so I didn't get to eat too much (which I guess is a good thing). After eating, we played a quick game of Apples to Apples before Jon and I headed back home.

This morning, starting at a little before 1 a.m., I was really feeling nauseous. I slept on and off throughout the morning until the alarm went off at 6. Each time feeling worse nausea-wise. I really should have gone to get some crackers or something in my tummy, but I didn't. When the alarm went off, I told Jon how I was feeling and he was a nice husband and got me some crackers. I ate a couple until I felt o.k. enough for the PIO shot.

Then after a while, I got up to get ready to go to work...taking my time since I knew traffic wouldn't be too bad. It turns out, I could have stayed at home another 10 minutes or so as I got to work early despite leaving much later than I normally do. I get into work still feeling kinda blech, but much better than earlier in the day.

Then a coworker of mine says that she has a google blog alert set up to show whenever someone blogs about our employer, and guess what, she found my other blog. She told me she didn't read it, and I told her that I didn't say anything bad about the company. I was just complaining about the traffic situation on Wednesday. I was just a tad embarrassed.

Anyway, at lunch today, we are having a little potluck that a couple of us thought of doing. Everyone said that they thought this was a good idea, so maybe we'll do this again next year when we all have to come into work the day after Thanksgiving. However, once again, after eating just a little bit, my tummy got really upset with me. I just cannot win - it's either I've eaten too much (which I don't think I've done) or not enough. I guess this comes with the territory.

Only 3 more days until the ultrasound. I cannot wait! I don't want to wish my weekend away, but I really want to know how many are in there and if we hear a heartbeat (or two).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heather, wanted to pop in and wish you GOOD LUCK with the heartbeat(s)!!!!!!!!
    I know EXACTLY what you mean :D lol, about not wishing your weekend away and yet dying to know. I'm in the same situation since my second beta is on Monday. Need to know NOW, and yet I want my weekend to stretch too!

    GOOD LUCK!! And I KNOW you will have some wonderful results posted up here Monday!!!!

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    Good luck with the ultrasound!

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Blogger Baby Blues said...

    OMG! I've been gone so long. I just found out! I'm so happy for you! And very much excited. But of course I can't deny there's a little voice in me saying "why not me? when is it my turn?" But if it's your time, it's your time. Definitely something to be thankful for. Praying for your healthy pregnancy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home