Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lesson Learned

I learned a lesson today – do not let your tummy become empty because it will make you feel like crap and you will desperately want to throw up. I was planning to go to lunch at my normal time – around noon – but this guy called me about some work issue and we were on the phone for around ½ hour. Toward the end of the conversation, I really felt queasy and did not want to eat anything at all. I went to our deli to try to find something that I thought my tummy could handle – something bland – and came across my current favorite food from the deli – the baked potato. That pesto pasta smelled really good, but I just wasn’t sure about that. Of course, that is what one of my coworkers got and I sat across from her eyeing it as she ate it – maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad to get that after all.

After eating, I felt a little better, but not quite fully better. I went and got a chocolate chip cookie – I really need to make my own at home – they are so good when they first come out of the oven with the chocolate melting. The chocolate chip cookie was good. I feel better now. I will try to make sure my tummy has something in it at all times.

I guess my last support group meeting has been cancelled for tonight due to illnesses and company being over for the holiday, so hopefully, they will let me come to next week’s meeting for my “graduation”. I will miss meeting with those ladies every Tuesday night.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    yeah, empty stomach is a queasy stomach. And what is it with potatoes, but they are sooooo yummy lately.

    I've also found that I can't gorge too much on yummy stuff otherwise, it's not so good.

    Peanut butter crackers are a good thing to keep around so if you get stuck on a call again, you can nibble until real food can be gotten. I happen to know they sell these at costco. ;)

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Pam said...

    yes you will need to keep something in your stomach at all times or you will feel icky. You don't feel icky when you first wake up? Yes crackers are good to have on hand at all times.

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    No good! Glad to hear you are feeling better, and good luck with the ladies.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home