Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 20, 2006

Ho hum...

Yuck. The weekend ends. Those weekends are always so short.

It may be only a 4-day work week for me (we have Thanksgiving off, but my company doesn’t believe in allowing time off in November except for weekends and Thanksgiving Day), but it still is going to seem like the longest week ever. Another gripe I have about my company, open enrollment for insurance ends on the 21st and well, I’ve been debating about setting up a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or not. I would have like to have known the results of the ultrasound before I went ahead and signed up with a FSA. Oh well – I hope I use that money up (or I lose it).

I’m anxious about the ultrasound coming up on Monday, the 27th (those pains I mentioned last week, I haven't had any since, so I haven't rescheduled my ultrasound for earlier). Most of the time, I don’t feel like much as changed about me. I’ll have breast soreness, usually in the morning, and I’ve been quite tired lately, but that could be the progesterone I still need to take for 4 more weeks. This morning, in my vanpool, I had a bit of motion sickness from the jerky driving of the driver this morning. She really isn’t that good of a driver.

I have been feeling a little more nauseous lately – especially after today’s lunch. I still wanted that chocolate chip cookie though.



Well, that’s about all that’s going on with me. Just waiting, waiting, and more waiting.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Me and you both! A week from today is our day! What time is your appt? Mine is 9:30. Email me w/your info. It's getting exciting, but I am with you - I'm cautious until I see the u/s.

    Thinking of you!!

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    I had no idea I was even pregnant with morgan. Remember? I was 14 weeks when I was told I was pregnant. and even then when they did the u/s and I saw her, I still didn't feel like I was pregnant. I don't think you feel that way until it gets harder to bend over!! you know? ;P

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    waiting is soooo boring!

    As for the FSA, go for it. Acupuncture should qualify for reimbursement and if they don't cover chiropractic you might want/need that to later in pg. Plus, I got my breastpump covered by having the ped write a note. And, come to think of it, the stroller too b/c I'm so tall only a few are tall enough for me to push w/o stooping. My chiropractor wrote a Rx note too and it was reimbursed. There's always teeth whitening and stuf too to burn thru any remaining funds.

    As for symptoms, I'm just now starting to 'feel' pg at all and it still comes and goes. Normal.

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Waiting is so loooong. You wait during infertility, and now for you, pregnancy. Keep busy!

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Blogger Debbi said...

    Hang in there, heather. Do what you can to keep yourself busy while you wait. I'm thinking of you!

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry to steal your comment here, Heather, but...

    Nickie-

    What stroller did you get? My husband and I are tall too (both over 6') and I'm having a hard time finding an appropriate stroller.

    -- Another Heather

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    The FSA has been a lifesaver for us. We put money in it this year for me to get my eyes done - but then I was dianosed PCOS and infertile, so we spent that money on IF stuff...but we put the max amount in for next year. Either for more IF treatments of BigP will get his eyes done. The next year I hope to get my eyes done finally.

    Anyways, I think it is great and there are lots of ways to use that money.

     
  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

    I work in HR and for most plans, the birth of a baby is a qualifying event, which means that you are able to change your FSA elections once your babies are born. I would check with your HR person.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home