Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tentative Transfer Day and Time

I heard from the nurse a short time ago. Right now, we have a tentative transfer day of Thursday at 11 a.m. She will call at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday to let us know if we are going forward with transfer that day or if we will be waiting until Day 5 (Saturday). The anticipation!

I finished with my relaxing music playlist on my iPod, so I'm all set!

One thing about transfer I am not looking forward to is having to have a full bladder during the procedure. I remember the last time I had to have a full bladder for a procedure, and well, it wasn't pleasant at all. But, I keep remembering, that this will all be worth it!

Oh, and I also forgot to mention we started the PIO shots this morning, and it wasn't that bad actually. I hardly felt it! I hope that continues!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    For some reason I have a really good feeling about this week for you :)--- Make sure you go home and do NOTHING but relax and let the little buggers do their thing. GOOD LUCK!

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    so glad to hear that ER went so well!! I've got my fingers crossed for you to get a nice cxl call on thu morning!!

    so, the PIOs aren't too bad? Glad to hear that, I'm still not looking forward to them. Except that they'll mean that I actually GOT to ER which is my biggest hurdle.

     
  • At 6:49 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    OH MY GOSH HEATHER! The suspense is too much for me! I hope it all goes smoothly and you aren't too uncomfortable w/the bladder! Yikes.

    Can't wait for the update - I'm thinking of you!

     
  • At 11:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, Thursday that's so soon. I know it will be worth the full bladder because you will have something to show for it in the next nine months. Can't wait. Love and hugs MOOMA

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    YAY for 7!!! The agony of suspense! I can't imagine how horrible this wait is for you!

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A full bladder is never fun for anything, but at least this one will be so very worth it. Will you post your playlist, I am just curious what songs you picked? Hope everything goes well!!!*hugs*

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Debbi said...

    SEVEN? WOOHOO! great news, heather!

    The PIO wasn't ever that big of a deal for me -- once or twice I got lumps but I just avoided that area for a few days and it was fine. you'll do just fine.

    I've got my fingers crossed for you on a day 5 transfer.

     
  • At 1:45 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    The best IVF advice I ever got: use a heating pad with the PIO. The shots themselves aren't bad. But after a few days your bottom will be very sore. But if you use a heating pad to really warm the area before and after the shot - it makes a HUGE difference.

    Good luck on your transfer!

    Oh - and listening to something really relaxing will help with the bladder discomfort. Your music will help keep your mind off it.

     
  • At 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So exciting!!

    I wish you all the luck in the world for the transfer tomorrow (or Saturday).

    I'd never heard of the full bladder thing, which terrifies me, but like you said it will all be worth it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home