Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 21, 2006

No More Stims! Retrieval on Monday!

This morning at 9 a.m., my husband and I went for our Stim Day 8 appointment. The follicles have all grown - the biggest one being at 20 while others are between 15-18. There are also some smaller ones. I can't remember how many there were in total. I was too anxious!

And when they took my blood this morning - they poked me 3 times before finding a vein that worked. When they tried once in the hand, I really felt like I was going to pass out - it hurt SOOOO bad and she kept moving it around. Thankfully, they were able to get enough blood from each of these 3 pokes. I have no idea what my E2 levels were today either since I had the clinic call my husband with the news and I forgot to tell him to ask them.

After the appointment, I raced over to Greenlake for my acupuncture appointment. We left the clinic at 10 - when my acupuncture appointment was. I let my acupuncturist know the prior day that I might be a little late, which she was fine with. I showed up there at 10:20.

After that appointment, we came home and I ate some lunch, then met some friends at the theatre to see The Prestige. The movie was alright, but I was a little distracted because someone had called me and I was afraid it was the clinic even though I told them to call my husband instead since I knew I'd be at the movie - it was my husband to let me know the news.

And the news...no more stims. Tonight at 7:45 exactly, we must do the HCG shot and retrieval will be on Monday morning at 6:45 a.m. (we need to check in at 6:20). I am actually a little nervous - how many eggs will they get? Will they fertilize? Will we make it to Day 5 for transfer? I really hope so.

Tonight (in an hour) we are going to a luau wedding reception of my husband's friend from high school who got married in Hawaii last month. I guess we won't be staying too long because we need to do the HCG shot tonight.

Well, that's my update! I hope and pray everything goes well for us.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM , Blogger noela said...

    Woohoo! Retrieval on Monday! Look at you go!!!!! ;)

    Hope you get lots of great eggs retrieved, fingers crossed and all that...We'll look forward to your updates!

    Oh, and I will probably do a post of the iTunes playlist on my blog -- been wanting to do something like that anyway. I'll let you know when it's up. :)

    Good luck with everything!
    Nilla

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    awesome news girl! sounds like you're having a textbook cycle.

    just bring the trigger with you. You've mixed meds enough by now, you can just go out to the car and do it there. Do they make you do trigger IM, or subQ? Mine are always subQ, so I'd definitely bring everything with and stay and enjoy the party. It will help the time pass.

    g/l @ ER, I hope you get a nice crop of eggies to choose from and that they all make it to day 5.

     
  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    Everything sounds like it's going great! I'll be thinking about you on Monday.

    -Faith

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! Congrats on your upcoming ER. Hope you get a lot of good eggies!

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck!!!

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I hope that your retrieval goees well on Monday. I'll be thinking of you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home