Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

7 out of 10

That's our first fertilization report. 7 out of the 10 eggs fertilized! What a weird feeling to know we have 7 embryos back at the lab at the clinic. The embryologist called to say the nurse will call later to set up a tentative time for transfer on Thursday, though if things look good, they will call on Thursday morning to change the transfer day to Saturday (I hope)!

Just wow! This is really happening, isn't it? We have embryos waiting for us that could become our children. It's such a weird feeling.

I know I shouldn't because if this doesn't work, it will hurt me to have seen them, but I am looking forward to seeing the picture of our embryos. Those pictures that I see on other blogs are so amazing and so beautiful. When I see those pictures, I am just in awe that IVF is a possibility for those of us who otherwise may not be able to conceive.

In other news, I'm feeling alright so far today. I haven't had to take Vicodin yet, but now that I said that, I probably will need it soon. I'll give more updates as I have them. Thank you everyone for your support!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Would saturday be a better day for you or b/c the embryos will be more mature? I don't understand that? I am so excited for you, I think I may cry!!! *hugs*

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What exciting news!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Steve said...

    7 out of 10 is great. Good luck on you uncoming transfer.

     
  • At 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congrats! Congrats! I hope you can make it to a 5dt (but 3dt are good too!). I just had my transfer on Saturday. Tick tock, is it time to test yet? Lots and lots of luck! I hope all those embies make it to transfer and freeze!

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    That is awesome news!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Horray!

    That's wonderful news!

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Wow- Seven! congratulations!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home