Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 07, 2006

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My temp went back down to 98.0. Along with the cramps I've been having, this is really not a good sign. Fertility Friend is now going back to its earlier decision of CD12 being the day of ovulation. If it's right, that means AF should arrive tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm starting to feel a bit depressed this morning. And please, please don't tell me that my negative attitude caused the IUI to fail (and I know most of you wouldn't say this). It is not this that has caused this to happen - it's my stupid, f***ing, broken-down body. I'm holding out a sliver of hope, but that sliver is almost nonexistent at this point.

So I come into work already feeling down because of what I said above, and on my desk is a book "What to expect when you're expecting". WTH?!?!? Are you kidding me? Who the hell would put this on my desk at this point in my life? Am I overreacting because I'm having a bad morning? I'm sure whoever put this here (and I'm not certain who did) had the best of intentions and had a more positive attitude about this IUI than I do, but you do not give stuff like this to someone who is going through infertility and who doesn't know yet if her IUI or IVF worked. I just don't even know what to do. Should I keep the book in the off chance I should ever need it? Or do I thank the person for thinking of me(if I figure out who it is), but that I can't keep this book because I have no need for it at this time and I may never need it?

Only 7 more hours of work left.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM , Blogger noela said...

    WTH?!!?!? Why would someone leave that book on your desk?!?!?

    That is awful. I'm sorry you have to deal with that nasty surprise on top of everything else!

    I mean, I *know* they probably didn't mean anything by it -- but come on! I'm just so tired of people doing and saying things without thinking! I don't do that to other people, so I really do expect the same thing in return!!!

    I hope you feel better soon, and that AF does NOT show up! Keep us posted!

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's really strange that someone would put that on your desk. Maybe it's a sign that you're expecting. Don't give up, just yet.

     
  • At 1:29 PM , Blogger ms. c said...

    Really, other people JUST.DON'T.GET.IT. Pure and simple. And there is no way that they ever will. This is the main reason that I haven't told anyone (save one friend, who really most of the time seems disinterested,) about IF. I feel for you, girl. I would have lost it under those circumstances, for sure.
    Sorry to hear about your feeling that AF's arrival might be imminent.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I can't believe someone left THAT BOOK on your desk. I would have the same reaction. I'm sure the person meant to be all cutesy and positive but this shows that he/she has no idea what's really going on.

    Best of luck with your cycle... I hope AF stays away!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home