Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Answers & Other Stuff

To answer a couple questions...

I actually don't have a date for beta. My clinic, for some reason, doesn't automatically schedule you for a beta test unless you ask for it. I haven't asked for it...at least not yet. If this IUI worked, in theory, I should know something by next Monday or Tuesday. If AF hasn't shown up by Tuesday, I'll probably take a pregnancy test, then possibly schedule a time for testing at the clinic. The last 2 IUIs I did, I just waited - and I really didn't have to wait too long past CD28 as my temps dropped and AF showed up the next day. However, with my temps being all weird this cycle, maybe I'll go in for a beta test sooner. I don't know. Part of me is nervous to do that. One time, I went in for a pregnancy test (I can't remember where in this infertility rollercoaster I was at the time though) and even though I knew it was negative, the nurse called me and actually sounded HAPPY when she told me I wasn't pregnant. It just bugged the crap out of me, so maybe that's why I'm a little nervous about going in again. Or part of me is like why go in for a test any earlier than say CD30 for me when it might be just a waste of time. I don't really know how to explain my feelings on this, so don't mind my rambling!

Anywho, onto another question. I was asked how my friends found out about this blog - it seems that they all found it the same way the other friend did that I mentioned a few days ago. I had linked to an entry in my "It's All About Me" blog (that I knew that they read - well, at least, knew about) on this blog and that seems to be how they found me. So it is all my doing that they found me. Also, my friends are rather computer savvy, so it actually doesn't surprise me that they did find me.

Which leads me to my next comment. It will be a bit weird to know that my real-life friends are reading this. Like I said before, I had thought about sharing this blog with them anyway, but part of me is wondering if I'll be writing the same things that I did before. This blog has been a place for me to vent and to share and to obtain support from those who "get it", so I don't want that to change. And in all honesty, I don't think it will change.

I'll just finish this post with this - for my real-life friends reading this, I don't want you to think that you have to be ultrasensitive around me for fear of saying the wrong thing. I really hope that you don't feel that way. There was one friend who told me we should "just adopt", and we all know how irritating that phrase can be, but for the most part, I can't say that any of you have said the wrong thing to me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:35 AM , Blogger Ladybug Ann said...

    In my experience, only my real life friends who get it continue to read my blog. Others just lose interest and never come back. Just continue blogging your thoughts.

    Good luck this cycle :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home