Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 30, 2006

100 Things About Me

I finally finished my 100 Things About Me list. I've been working on it for several months now.

1. I am 32 years old.
2. My birthday is September 13.
3. When my birthday falls on a Friday, it has been good and it has been bad.
4. I can be a little superstitious.
5. My current favorite band is Dave Matthews Band.
6. I met my husband in September of 1993.
7. I started dating my husband in February of 1996.
8. I married my husband on August 29, 1998.
9. I graduated from the University of Washington in June 1996.
10. I received a Bachelors degree in Political Science and in Psychology.
11. I was born in Spokane, WA.
12. I have lived in Alaska, Florida, Texas and Washington state (my dad was in the air force, so we moved around a lot).
13. I graduated from high school at West Valley H.S. in Spokane (now Spokane Valley), WA in June 1991.
14. We moved to Spokane, WA from Azle, TX the summer before my freshman year of high school.
15. I was mad at my parents for a while because I had finally settled into a place (we had been in Azle for 4 years), and they wanted to move back "home".
16. I received an A.A. degree from Spokane Falls Community College before transferring to UW.
17. I work at a major company headquartered in Washington state.
18. I graduated from law school from Seattle University in May 2000.
19. I found out I passed the bar the day after my husband’s 30th birthday party.
20. Needless to say, I was incredibly anxious during the party knowing that the results would come in the mail the next day.
21. I used to work at a bank as a bank teller.
22. I have also worked at the Attorney General’s office.
23. I love chicken parmesan from Stella’s (a restaurant that is no longer in existence).
24. I am liberal.
25. I have two cats – Oliver and Sophie.
26. I have one sister, who is 30, and two brothers - one is 17 and the other is 20.
27. My parents are still married after 34 years.
26. I went off birth control pills in the hope of getting pregnant in December 2001.
28. It amazes me that it has been that long.
29. It scares me that it may never happen.
30. But I still manage to have some hope occasionally.
31. I used to weigh 30 pounds lighter in college than I do now.
32. I really should exercise.
33. I’m (almost) 5’4”.
34. My husband’s birthday is exactly 1 month after mine on October 13.
35. He is exactly 2 years and 11 months older than I am.
36. My last vacation to a place outside of Washington state was to Chicago and Wisconsin in April 2006.
37. My husband’s brother lives in San Diego with his wife and 2 kids.
38. I have 3 nieces and 3 nephews.
39. 4 of the kids are my sisters and the other 2 are my brother-in-law’s.
40. Their ages are 10, 8, 5 and 4 (my sister’s kids) and 4 (I think) and 10 months (my brother-in-law’s kids).
41. I currently live in Shoreline, WA (3 blocks from being in the city of Seattle).
42. I had a kidney stone when I was 19.
43. I had to have a lithotrypsy to remove it.
44. I felt like I was dying when I had that kidney stone.
45. I saw Bill Clinton give a speech at Riverfront Park in Spokane when he was campaigning to be President in 1992.
46. I was very close to actually meeting him.
47. I have also seen Al Gore up close when he came to a nearby Costco for a book signing with his wife.
48. I miss living in Texas when I could go to (a good) Six Flags whenever.
49. The Six Flags here in WA is not nearly as big or fun as the one in Arlington, TX.
50. We went to NY for my brother-in-law's wedding 2 weeks before our own wedding in Seattle.
51. I am a very shy person, so starting high school in a new place – not fun for me.
52. The two times I’ve been to Hawaii were for friends’ weddings.
53. Both friends were bridesmaids in my wedding.
54. One time was on Maui and the other time was on Oahu.
55. I’m hoping the next time I go to Hawaii is for something other than a wedding.
56. My current favorite tv drama is Lost.
57. My current favorite comedy is My Name is Earl or Scrubs (despite the incredibly annoying fertility episode a while back).
58. I like to read, but I can’t seem to find the time lately.
59. My title at work is Research Analyst.
60. I like teddy bears so Build-A-Bear is a good,but dangerous, place for me!
61. I drive a 2004 Honda Civic.
62. After all the time we lived in Texas, we never went to Mexico.
63. Most of my friends I have now I met in college or through my husband.
64. I've made some wonderful friends through a Resolve support group I am in since December 2005.
65. I thought about going to Syracuse or University of Oregon for law school, but couldn't leave Seattle.
66. I went to Washington, D.C. my senior year of high school with other classmates.
67. I believe in God though sometimes while going through infertility I start to doubt.
68. I don't go to church though - sometimes I think I should.
69. I've met some friends through Intervarsity Fellowship - a Christian organization - while at UW.
70. My favorite musicals that I've seen are The Phantom of the Opera or Beauty and the Beast.
71. I met my husband when we both worked at a dorm cafeteria at UW.
72. I love Jon Stewart.
73. I can be quite lazy sometimes.
74. I hardly ever watch commercials anymore because I have a DVR.
75. DVRs are great, but I may watch more tv because of it...o.k. I do watch too much tv because of it.
76. In October 2003, I was in a car accident in which my car was totaled.
77. I was completely in shock after it happened and received burns on my face from the airbag.
78. My husband named our last car (the car that was totaled) Coltrane, so I felt the need to name our current car. We named it Norbert after a dragon in Harry Potter.
79. I volunteered for two political campaigns back in 2000 - one for Gary Locke when he was running for governor of WA and the other for Gore when he was running for President.
80. I will cry while watching movies and tv shows - though I try to keep the tears in while at the theater. Sometimes I succeed.
81. The only country I have been to outside the U.S. is Canada.
82. For my 30th birthday, I had a Harry Potter themed party. Who says I have to grow up?
83. I wish I lived closer to my family. They live in Spokane or Liberty Lake, WA.
84. One of my favorite moments from my wedding is when I was about to walk down the aisle, and my dad told me he loved me and I told him I loved him. We don't say that much in our family, so my dad started to cry which caused me to start to cry!
85. Another favorite moment, of course, is when we were pronounced husband and wife. A picture of us was taken as we walked back down the aisle, and it shows us with the happiest grins on our faces.
86. We went to Disneyland for our honeymoon, and I found the perfect picture frame for the picture mentioned above. It was of Mickey and Minnie in wedding attire with a heart frame. When I saw it, I had to have it.
87. We also went to Disneyland after I graduated from UW - it was a graduation gift from my parents.
88. I like to play board games.
89. I love thunderstorms (except when it interferes with my vacation plans)!
90. I have recurring dreams of plane crashes.
91. I love waterfalls - big or small.
92. The weather can determine what mood I'll be in.
93. I sometimes listen to songs that I know will make me feel sad just so I can be sad. I think this can be blamed on the emotional rollercoaster of infertility.
94. I also listen to songs that give me inspiration when I need it, i.e. Believe by Lenny Kravitz.
95. I really appreciate having found this online support group, as well as my "real-life" support group.
96. I really appreciate my friends.
97. I like to sing when no one's around - I'm sure no one wants to hear me sing.
98. This is becoming more and more difficult to think of anything to write here.
99. Seriously, what more can I say?
100. I will be a mom someday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM , Blogger Meg said...

    I've been thinking about doing this one too, actually, Seattlegal... A huge undertaking, Good on you!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home