Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

BBQs and more

Well, I'm home after my first day of jury duty. I haven't been called yet, so I spent most of the day sitting in the "assembly room" reading my book. I go back tomorrow morning - hopefully, something more exciting happens tomorrow. Though by being so slow, it did give me an opportunity to go to lunch with my husband and a couple friends at Agua Verde over by UW.

Anyway, yesterday's BBQs were fun. The first one was just a small group with 3 couples and 3 kids out in Renton (south of Seattle). We ate some good food, watched some tv, and then my husband and a friend played my friend's songs for us. One of her songs "Girl I Am Inside" kinda made me feel a bit weepy - I'm not sure why, it just does. It probably doesn't help that my emotions are already at their peak right now. You can listen to her music here.

After we left the first BBQ, we stopped by at home for a bit to feed our kitties, then went on to the next BBQ. This one was a little bit more people, but not too much more. We had a really good tri-tip steak (so yum) to eat. After eating, we watched some fireworks. They have such a great view of the Lake Union fireworks from their house in Ballard (neighborhood in Seattle).

A good time was had by us at both BBQs - though by the end, my husband was a bit tired. After all, we had gotten up early to go walking around Greenlake and gone to two parties! !

On another note, I woke up this morning with cramps and not like the cramps I have been having, but AF cramps. This is so not a good sign. They went away while I was lounging about in the jury room, but I'm so afraid that this is only the beginning and there is more on the way. I hope not. I really, really hope not.

Well, I told my husband I would go pick him up from work, so I better get going. Later tonight, I'm going to walk around a local high school track with a few friends. And next week (assuming I don't get on a jury), I'm starting to exercise during lunch with a work friend of mine (just two days a week in the beginning due to her schedule). I am trying to get some exercise! :-D

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I am glad that you had fun at your bbqs this weekend. I hope that your cramps are not AF cramps afterall. Good luck with the rest of your 2ww.

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Go away, cramps! Scram!

    Glad you had a good 4th. You were busy! Hoping this 2ww is the one for you!

    (and, as an aside, how much do I love reading your blog and knowing exactly the locations you are talking about!!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home