Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Weekend

For my friends that read this blog and the other one - I write some things here that I did in the other one - this one I did add some more stuff though.

This weekend was kind of a nice one. I woke up way too early on Saturday morning, so I went on a walk around Greenlake while my husband and a friend ran. Then later that day, I went to go see "The Devil Wears Prada" with Ally. The movie was alright. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare to the book. The movie was predictable in places, and there was one part that I was "yeah, right" and another that I thought it hysterical that a size 6 is deemed fat - however, it is a movie set in the fashion world. What do I expect? Anyway, it was alright.

After that, we went out to dinner with some others at Red Robin, then went back to a friend's house to play Apples to Apples.

Then again today, I couldn't sleep, so got up and went walking along the Burke-Gilman near Matthews Beach while my husband and a friend went off running. I woke up feeling kind of crampy, and the walk actually helped with that. It was really quite beautiful this morning and kinda peaceful. I think I might kinda like going this early (though I would also like to get a good night's sleep someday too). When we came back, I finished a book I was reading.

After that, I went off to Carkeek Park with a couple friends. We walked up this trail, and I learned just how out of shape I am. Of course, I kinda already knew that. After that, we went over to Magnuson and walked around quite a bit. By the time we got to the off-leash area at Magnuson for a friend's dog to run around in, I was starting to feel a bit crampy again. It started to get a lot worse by the time we started to walk back from the beach. I was hoping that the walk would help again, but not so much, so I just walked slowly. I really hope that these cramps aren't anything I should be worried about, but of course, I am. Also, I forgot to put suncreen on, so I got a little sunburn. :-( But after all that walking, we had a nice BBQ at a friend's and one of my friends brought over his 16 month old child, and he so cute and so big that a friend joked that they were giving him Miracle-Gro.

Well, that's my weekend. It was a nice weekend. However, I'm looking forward to only working possibly only one day this week. We have Tuesday off, as most people do, but then I have jury duty at least on Wednesday and Thursday, though I suppose it could last longer if I got onto a jury (which I hope I do).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home