Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 10, 2006

Trying Hard Not to be Depressed

My MIL is doing better, though they are still not sure what's wrong with her. They are doing more tests on her heart today. So after work, my husband and I will go back down to Tacoma.

On the infertility front, I think I'm putting on a brave face for everyone. I've done mostly well about keeping my emotions about the IUI on the backburner while we figure out what's going on with my MIL. I feel like crying about this latest failure, but I feel like people will look at me as if I'm being the most selfish person in the world for thinking of myself when my MIL is in the hospital. Of course, I care about my MIL and want her to get better, but this failure just sucks! My husband says I'm not selfish for feeling sad about this failure - he's sad too, he tells me.

I've made a couple appointments this morning with my current RE and with another RE for another opinion. The appointment with my current RE is on the 19th, but the other RE, the soonest I could get in was on August 9th - after my next cycle should start. That didn't quite work out the way I wanted it too.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Oh, Heather! I'm so sorry to hear about the IUI not working. That stinks. You have every right to be sad - it has nothing to do with how much you care about your MIL!! They are separate things! I know how you feel - I always tell people I'm fine w/regards to the fertility issues.

    Hope all is well with your MIL soon!!

     
  • At 5:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know your sad and you have every right to be sad, but look ahead things will be brighter ( you will be a mom someday)

     
  • At 6:13 AM , Blogger ms. c said...

    Sorry about the failed cycle, and about your MIL. It's really hard to deal with 2 major issues in your life at the same time.
    Maybe the other RE's opinion will be well morth the wait, even if it means waiting a cycle.
    Thinking of you...

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Blogger Debbi said...

    hi heather: you have every right to be sad about as many things as you are sad about. there are no rules around this. Glad to see you're talking to other REs. Maybe you find you quite like where you are or maybe you find someone that makes you feel better about future cycling.

     
  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Yvette A said...

    Hi

    I just came across your blog and wanted to say I now where you are coming from and no you are not selfish.

    Don't give up, it took me 5 years to finally have my son.

    Best of luck to you.

    Y

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home