Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hey

I just feel like crying, and I can't do anything about it since I'm at work. I felt like crying last night too, but my support group made me feel better.

One of the girls was talking last night about one of the clinics here in Seattle that offer shared risk plans. My current RE said that I would probably qualify for this, so I just sent an e-mail to them via their website to set an appointment with them. Yes, I know will have 3 doctor appointments. Since we probably will have to move onto IVF, I think I should "interview" each of the 3 clinics that I know in the area to see which one I like the best. If I do qualify for shared risk, I will probably go with that clinic. It supposedly costs around $23,000 for IVF+ICSI for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles (this # doesn't include the drugs). If it doesn't work, then you get all of your money back, but if it works the first time, you just gave the clinic a nice profit. I'm thinking we might do this as soon as we have the money to do so, but we'll make our final decision after we've talked to each of the doctors. In the meantime, we might try another IUI with injectables, but we'll see what my current RE thinks about that.

In other news, I haven't been in my van for the past 3 days. Monday was because my husband and I were going straight to Tacoma after work to visit my in-laws. Yesterday, I had a torture session with the dentist (it was just a cleaning, but they are now using this metal water pick to help take the place of the metal poking stick, but they both hurt)! Today, my only reason is because I didn't want to be in the vanpool with pregnant vanpool girl talking about her pregnancy. Well, anyway, I ran into her in the deli when I was getting some lunch. I told her about the crappy weekend/week and why it was crappy, and she said that she was really sorry. She also sent me an e-mail which was really rather sweet, which made me really want to break down and cry. It makes me feel so bad for not being able to listen to her pregnancy talk (or anyone's for that matter) when she is being so sweet. I don't want to be irritated by pregnancy talk, but I am. I know I said it yesterday, but I got to say it again - infertility SUCKS! I just want everything to work out already, so I can move on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home