Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Another thought

I was just thinking this morning - I can't believe it has been 4 1/2 years since we first started trying to have kids. I went off birth control back in December of 2001, and even though I had a feeling that it might be hard for me to get pregnant, I seriously didn't think it would be this freaking hard and most of all, I didn't think it would take this long.

My support group was talking the other night on how infertility changes us. We are not the same people we once were. We are more angry. We are more irritated by people. It is sometimes amazing that my husband still wants to have a child with me considering how I've been lately. It is sometimes amazing that I still have friends who care and who will listen since I seem to talk about this a lot - after all, infertility seems to be running my life. I don't want it to, but it is.

Anyway, I should probably stop this post before I get too emotional. I guess this is just what I do during the 2ww.

Oh, but one more thing. On my other blog, the one my "real-life" friends read, I was looking at my stats and how people found my blog and one person typed into google "I hate blogs about infertility" and somewhere in the search results (previously, I said list) is my blog. It makes me wonder why people hate infertility blogs so much, and also why they would go through a search and then go to those blogs that they hate.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger Debbi said...

    Your post really hit a chord with me. I'm SO not the same person I was before this ttc stuff. In many ways, I'm more negative but in so many ways I'm a better person. Either way, I'll be grateful when the journey's over... hopefully because i'm too busy changing diapers

     
  • At 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's awful that someone would list your blog on an I Hate blogs about fertility. I just don't get people...why do they care if you want to create a blog about your TTC experience. Just remember that you have a lot people rooting for you and that you are NOT alone. Please don't let this person get you down.

     
  • At 4:00 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Infertility has definitely changed me. It has made much more cynical, but it has also made me stronger.

    I think that it is horrible that someone would list your blog on a "I hate blogs about infertility" list. I didn't know that such a list existed. Whoever created it obviously has issues.

    Please know that you are in my thoughts. Hugs.

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    Sorry for the confusion! As far as I know, I'm not listed on such a list. Someone just put that search term into Google and my blog is somewhere within that search. Sorry again!

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Blogger noela said...

    Your post really said a lot of the things I feel daily.

    I try not to be an angry/irritated person, but I have to say, my husband has really put up with a lot this last year in particular. Not that I'm directing anger towards him or anything, just that most of the time I am so, SO frustrated, that it can't help but "spill out" into the rest of my life!

    Hey, I'm *trying* to *R E L A X* but ummmm, all these freaking obstacles in my way, when I just want to do a FET, for crying out loud, really get me down somedays!!

    And, btw, I can't believe some idiot out there is actually Googling "I hate infertility blogs". Seriously, WTF?!?! is all I can say about that! Maybe I "hate blogs about cars" or something like that, but would I go out and Google them?!? Ummm....no. *rolls eyes*

    Everyone has their interests, passions, problems in life, and just like there is a website out there for everything under the sun, likewise there is blog for it! ;)

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Yes- I hate how infertility has changed some parts of my personality.

    Weird about google! I guess some people just don't know how to do a a proper search! Maybe it was one of "us," trying to say "I hate infertility?" LOL.

    Take care,

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home