Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 26, 2006

Now we wait

We are now starting the 2ww. The IUI went well. The doctor who did the IUI wasn't my normal RE, but that's o.k. I like this guy too. Thankfully, my husband was with me this time unlike the last 2 times. The last 2 times he had to work, but since he's on vacation now, he was able to be there during the actual insemination.

Right now, I'm cramping a little, but not as much as last time. God, I really, really hope that this is it. I got some sad news today from a friend of mine (met her in my support group) - she found out that her IVF failed. That just makes me so sad. She is now looking into donor eggs. It seems that most of the women in my group are onto the donor egg path, and I'm the only one who isn't. Three of the women in my group are now in the middle of their donor egg cycles. I really hope that donor eggs works for them - all of them would be wonderful mothers. It pains me when they get negative results.

On another note, the weather in Seattle is so freaking hot. I used to live in Texas where it was really freaking hot, but since I've been in WA for 19 years now, I guess I've gotten used to the weather around here and 88 degrees is too freaking hot - especially when stuck inside the house. I feel so bad for my furbabies (my 2 kitties). My husband and I went to Richmond Beach on Saturday (which is in the City of Shoreline - just outside of Seattle), so that was nice and yesterday, we went to the Ice Caves up north in an attempt to cool off. However, it was not that much cooler up there even with the snow than it was back home. And there weren't that many caves either. :-(

Well, anyway, I think I'll go hang out underneath my ceiling fan for a while. I hope everyone is doing well. I might not have much time to check blogs this week, but we'll see. Hopefully, work won't be that busy, but I have to do a lot of things before I go on jury duty next week. Jury duty is only 2 days unless you get onto a jury, and I'm not sure I will since I have a law degree. But we'll see, and I want to be prepared at work in case I am gone longer than the 2 days.

O.K. I really gotta go now. I feel as if I'm melting up here in our office!

Oh, and before I forget - thank you so much for your good luck wishes. THANK YOU!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I am glad that your IUI went well. I hope that your 2ww goes by quickly and smoothly, and that you have wonderful news at the end.

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just started reading your blog. Keeping my fingers crossed that your IUI goes well. I'm in the 2WW also, after suffering a miscarriage in May.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home