Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 03, 2011

Year In Review

1) What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

I can't think of anything that was new this year.

2) Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Yes, I read more than 52 books in 2010.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth in 2010?

No, not anyone close though I know some people that have given birth in 2010.

4)Did anyone close to you die?

Unfortunately, yes. My grandmother (on my dad's side) died on March 31. My aunt Judy (my mom's sister) died on August 13. And a fellow vanpool rider died in September, I believe.

5) What countries did you visit?

The U.S.! ;-D

6) What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

More sleep. A bigger and clean house. A clean bill of health for everyone I know.

7) What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

March 31 - Grandmother died.
August 13 - Aunt died
October 13 - Jon turned 40!

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Raising 3 kids.

9) Did you suffer illness or injury?

Possible food poisoning or flu but that's about it. I did have a cyst in my wrist drained. It has since come back and then I hit it on Saturday accidentally and it feels a bit better or so I thought. It is starting to hurt again.

10) What was the best thing you bought?

Kindle!


11) What song will always remind you of 2010?

Probably The Black Keys song "Tighten Up"

12) Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder, b) thinner or fatter, and c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier, but definitely more tired. Exhausted really.
b) Fatter
c) I'm making more, but I feel poorer.

13) What do you wish you’d done more of?

Spent more time with the kids (when they weren't throwing tantrums) and more time with hubby.

14) What do you wish you’d done less of?
work and chores (but those are unavoidable).


15) How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband, babies, kitties and Jon's parents and sister, Tanya. We were at my house. Next year, we're going to Spokane. In 2012, Jon's sister, Janel, wants us to come to Arkansas but we'll see if we can save the money for that.

16) Did you fall in love in 2010?

Of course! With all of my sweeties!

17) What was your favorite TV program?

The Amazing Race

18) What was the best book you read?

Mockingjay or the Millennium trilogy

19) What was your greatest musical discovery this year?
The Black Keys or Mumford & Sons

20) What did you want and get?

Kindle. iPod Touch. InSpa gift card.

21) What did you want and not get?

More time with the kids. Sleep. More date nights. iPhone (or similar smartphone)

22) What was your favorite film of the year?

Films? What are those? :-D I do plan to see Harry Potter this Friday - our first date since August, I think.

23) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with friends. I turned 37.

24) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think more time off from work. More time spent alone with my husband - that time not easy to get.

25) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Anything that fits and looks somewhat decent.

26) What kept you sane?

I'm not sure that has happened. My theme song right now is Crazy by Gnarls Barkley.

27) What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Don't Ask, Don't Tell or the Health Care Reform

28) Who did you miss?
Family. Grandmother, grandfather and my Aunt who have passed away.

29) Who was the best new person you met in 2010?

Hmm, I don't know if I really met anyone new this year. There have some been some reconnections with people I knew a while back but lost track of. It was nice getting together with them again!

30) What valuable lesson have you learned in 2010?

You just have to have faith that everything will be alright.

31) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

Well, there are a few.

"I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind" - Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

"Living just to keep going
Going just to be sane.
All the while I know
It's such a shame"

Tighten Up by The Black Keys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home