Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow & Suck

Today I stayed home because of the snow - well, really, the ice. Snow isn't the problem - the ice is. I have a huge fear of driving in it and probably the biggest reason I should never move back to Spokane. What is funny is that I will have to use my last sick day and I ended up showing signs of a cold today after I made the decision to stay home due to snow/ice! Is that ironic? I don't know. I will actually try to make up as much time as I can though - I don't know when I'll be able to...maybe Friday. The day I was going to leave early but now may have to end up working a much longer day to make up some hours so I don't have use all of my sick time I have left.

And now to the suck. My mom called me tonight. I was in the bathroom when she first called. She left a message to call her and I could tell by her tone of voice that something was wrong. I called her back and she was on the phone with my grandma and quickly told me the news that they found cancer in her back. She had cancer a few years ago in her breast. She was having pain in her back, went in, had a CT scan and that's when they found it. She will find out tomorrow what the treatment will be.

This year has been one sucky moment after another. I am holding out hope and will pray that everything will be alright. I have to believe that or I may just break down. I simply don't know what I would do without my mom, so I am choosing to believe that she will be o.k. The doctors will treat her, get rid of this cancer (again!) and she will be here for many, many years to come. She has to be. Any prayer for her is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home