Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Pregnancy & Twin Update

First, twin update. The twins have a nasty cold right now - poor little guys with that cough. It keeps waking them up in the night, so they're not getting a good night's sleep. Luckily, this last night, they were able to sleep the whole night. The night before, Benjamin felt better if he was propped up, so he slept with us and woke up at 5:30 and was ready to get up. Ella woke up around 6:30, which is actually kinda early for them. I think they are starting to get better now, but today they are at home with my mother-in-law.

While I'm thinking about it - a new word that Benjamin says is "up". I know there are others. Ella the other night said something like "dada, et tu aaaaaaahhhhh" The 'aaaaah' sound they make when they are playing the crawling game. I told Jon that I think she's asking if you want to play the crawling game and guess what? She got down off the couch (after reading the book she had in her hands), walked over to him and got down on her hands and knees to play the crawling game. It was so cute and I was so proud of myself for understanding what she was saying - I'm trying to understand them. They are starting to say more words that make sense to me, but a lot of the time, it is a sentence that I just don't understand yet and yes, they get frustrated.

Now, pregnancy update. FYI - this will be TMI to some people.

Friday afternoon, I went to go the restroom before leaving work and noticed some bright red blood and later, noticed some brownish cervical mucus. I called up the OB's office and they said it could be my mucous plug or the bright red blood could be because I had an exam earlier in the day. I was to call if I had contractions or my water broke. Luckily, the contractions over the weekend were tightening and not painful and didn't come very often.

I did have a lot of movement from the baby that hurt because he or she was doing some breakdancing moves on my cervix. OUCH! Then this morning, I was having some painful contractions, but they seemed to have gone away. I'm thinking the annoyance I was having with my work computer may have triggered them. I had maybe 3 in one hour that hurt, then they stopped. Now, I'm back to tightening contractions that take my breath away.

It was so much easier in the hospital when they were tracking me all the time that I'm nervous I won't know what to do when they start happening at work or at home. I almost feel like I don't know when I should call the OB - even though I know when I should call. What if I end up calling too soon and I go to the hospital and they send me home? I know this is silly but I almost feel like I'd be bothering them.

Anyway, I hope to make it at least one more day so I can have my review at work and get a few more things done, but we'll see if I get any more contractions!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    Take care of yourself! Good luck!

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Alex said...

    Sorry the twins are sick...hope they feel better soon!!

    And I'm sure everything's okay with the baby but I'm sure it must have been scary to see blood. Hopefully everything stays good and baby still gets some cooking time!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home