Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 06, 2009

Pregnancy News

First, I just read some wonderful news from a blogger who lost her triplet daughters after being born too early - she's now pregnant with one child and due in August/September. Such a bittersweet moment.

Now, onto my news. I had my 36 week checkup. I'll be seeing the OB every Friday morning from now on (well, except for the week of the due date). First, we went over the VBAC consent form and all the risks associated with that. There is less than a 1% chance of a uterine rupture and of that, something going horribly wrong. However, there are also risks of another c-section too.

She said that since I've had a c-section before that if my cervix is closed when the due date rolls around, she won't induce. She would do another c-section. If my cervix is open, then she will give a low dose of pitocin to see if that helped get things started. Hopefully, things will happen on their own though. I do hope to avoid another c-section because of the recovery time afterwards and the desire to be able to pick up my twins when I want to or they want me to pick them up. And well, because I'd like to give birth the way it feels like it should happen. I will be disappointed if I have to do another c-section, but it won't be the end of the world - as long as I have a healthy baby as the outcome. Because of the prior c-section, she said that if I do go into labor, she wants to me to come in a little earlier than I would have otherwise.

After going through the VBAC consent form, she checked my cervix and it is starting to soften though it is still closed. She said I'm maybe about 50% effaced. She expects that I'll go to my due date, but definitely at least another couple weeks. She also did a test to make sure there is no infection.

That was about it. More next week!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home