Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Toddler Beds, Scares & Pregnancy

First up, Benjamin & Ella update.

We put together (or really, Jon put together) the toddler beds on Sunday night. They REALLY enjoyed playing on them that first night especially when Jon was worried that they would fall out of their beds and onto the floor and he put a futon on the floor between the beds. Yep, as one should have expected from toddlers, they were jumping off their beds and onto the futon or diving onto the futon. So the futon went away and they did stay in their beds all night long. The first morning, Benjamin woke up and was just sitting on his bed (this is what Jon tells me as I'm not there when they get up). This morning, they were out of their beds and waiting by the door - I wonder how soon they will figure out how to open that door.

While Jon was putting together the toddler beds, Benjamin and Ella were sitting on the dining room chairs (yep, they know how to climb onto those chairs) and playing with things on the table. Thinking that a childproof cap is exactly that, I didn't have a problem with Benjamin playing with the vitamin containers. Ella was enjoying some cereal out of a plastic bag we brought with us earlier that morning to church. Well, I was in the kitchen doing some dishes (I could still see both of them), but you know anything can happen in a split second with children. I turned to see what they were doing and noticed Benjamin had opened one of the vitamin containers. I FREAKED thinking he was playing with my iron pills. It turns out he was playing with Vitamin C and only one was missing (which Jon might have taken). However, until we knew it was Vitamin C, I was really freaking out and Benjamin was crying really hard because I was yelling at him and Jon was trying to see if he had any in his mouth. All of this happened in just a few seconds. Needless to say, I've put the vitamin containers into the kitchen out of arm's reach. Jon was talking to his brother at the time, and so I called him back to let him know all was o.k. Thank God all was o.k. I tried to tell Benjamin I wasn't mad at him, I was just scared because I loved him so much and didn't want anything bad to happen to him. I don't think at 19 months they quite get that.

And now to the pregnancy update:

This baby is super active. I play the guessing game of "what body part is that poking on the side of my belly?" I'm pretty sure that the baby is not in the same position it was last Friday when I saw my OB last.

During the day yesterday (and a little bit on prior days), my thigh has been spasming (is that a word?) and it would hurt to walk, but thankfully, it wasn't happening all too often. But when I got home yesterday, it seemed to kick into high gear and I felt A LOT of pressure down below to go along with it. I wasn't sure what was going on, but it turns out sitting down really helped. Of course, sitting down when children want dinner or a number of other things isn't easy. Thankfully, Jon came home shortly after we got home.

Then this morning, as I was eating my breakfast, my whole belly and back HURT. It stayed like that for a good 10 minutes. I'm not sure if that was a contraction or what - it certainly seemed like one - but whatever it was, it really hurt. Thankfully, I haven't had another one since except for the usual belly tightening every so often. Since then, what I've felt more is the baby moving all around and body parts being pushed out. I'm starting to think this baby is going to be an active baby much like Ella was. Benjamin was a lot more easy going.

That's about it for now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I stumbled across your blog when I was doing a search on infertility. (Which seems to be my current issue)

    I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and your story has given me so much hope that things will turn exactly how they are supposed to for me as well. :-D

    If you are ever looking for a new blog to read, mine is at www.iwannabeamommy.wordpress.com

    I've been blogging about my infertility experience, which has been very therapeutic!

    I look forward to following your blog. :-D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home