Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

17 months!

Today, Ben & Ella are 17 months. They are such cuties.

Yesterday, they came to visit me at work along with their papa. We had some lunch and they enjoyed walking down the hallways. At one point, Ella and I were a bit ahead of Benjamin and Jon and when Benjamin turned the corner to where we were, he smiled and started running toward me with his arms raised. So cute! Ella saw him and started waving hi to him. Cuteness!

When I first went out to the car to meet them, Ella saw me and started clapping and squealing. It is so nice to get that kind of reaction.

Everyone remarked at how big they've become since the last time they saw them in person (which was 5 months ago today on their birthday). My sweeties are growing up on me! I love them so much!!!

Last night, I heard Benjamin say for the first time "hi" - he waves, but I've never heard him say hi before. Ella said "mommy" the other day - usually she says 'mom' or 'momma'. :-D Both of them like to read books - sometimes by themselves or sometimes with a parent (though Ella more so with a parent). Oh, and Benjamin and Ella both know how to nod their head yes or no and will even trick us sometimes with their answers to certain questions. Ella is busy teething another tooth while Benjamin seems to have just 4 still. I'm sure there are other things but I'll have to write about them later (or you can check out Jon's blog).

In other news, we bought a minivan last week. Traded in our cute little Civic for a minivan. Was able to get a good deal on Civic to mostly pay for the cost of the minivan. It's a 2006 Dodge Caravan with 22,000 miles on it.

Tonight, we have some people from the church we have joined coming over for small group. It will be nice to have it our place so Ben & Ella will be more comfortable with not seeing us in their eyesight at every moment. Though even when we are in their eyesight, it doesn't matter to Ella, we must be holding her when there are strangers around.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Wow! Just reading your post is making me excited if this IVF cycle works out. I have to admit, even though we've been trying so hard to have another child, I've been secretly nervous about going back to diapers in sleepless nights. Our daughter is 8 years old by now, so this would be a huge change in our lives. But reading this about the milestones and the cute things that toddlers do is making me extremely excited with experiencing this all over again.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Cute costumes!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home