Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

So Many Things...Pregnancy Edition (Question at end)

Just feeling the baby move - feels like popcorn going off in my belly (or what I imagine that would feel like).

Anyway, we had our ultrasound last Tuesday - the anatomy ultrasound. We chose not to find out the sex of the baby and well, I could go either way. At one point, I thought it looked like girl parts, but another, I thought I saw boy parts, but we could have been looking at something else - probably were.

The ultrasound went well though this baby seems to be rather mellow - much like I remember Benjamin being in the womb - and the tech had to persuade the baby to move onto its side so we could get a profile view of his or her face. It's sad that this child won't have as many ultrasound pictures as the twins.

Other than that, things are going mostly well. I finally called to set up a PT appointment for my hip pain, but had to leave a message for them to call me back. I ended up having some contractions around 1:30 or so Sunday morning and I'm pretty sure it's because I ended up having to go to the multiples sale by myself and carrying stuff around (Jon was going to go with me but our babysitter forgot we asked her to come and well, I wanted to pick out clothing for our children), then we went to the park, then to Costco, then I took Benjamin to Target to find some shoes since I didn't find any at the sale. So it was a busy day on my feet, so I need to take it easy so I don't bring any more on. I did get a good deal on a single snap 'n go stroller (it was only $4) so I can go walking with this baby while out on leave (if the weather is nice); the twins will continue to go to daycare so I can bond with new baby.

I haven't decided on what to do about VBAC versus another c-section. I'm leaning toward VBAC though I want to ask my OB at what weight the baby is estimated to be would she recommend a c-section over trying a VBAC to lessen the chances of rupture happening.

Having contractions in the middle of the night made me think about something - of my friends in the Seattle area, who wants to sign up for possibly being the one we call in case I go into labor in the middle of the night and we need someone to watch the twins?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Kerry Lynn said...

    Hello, I haven't checked in in a while. Glad things are going well with your pregnancy.

    I wanted to suggest taking melatonin to sleep. It's the hormone your body produces (or fails to produce) to make you sleepy. I buy the store brand at my local pharmacy and take it every single night. I'm sure you should check with your OB but I can't imagine there is anything wrong with taking it since it's completely natural.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home