Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Fun Times in the Sun

This weekend was a lot of fun.

On a very warm Saturday, we went and got some stuff for a picnic, then we went over to Hamlin Park to enjoy our picnic foods. We ate and played. I forgot to bring the camera, so I took a few pictures with my cell phone that you can view on my flickr page. Unlike our last really warm day outing, Ella actually seemed quite alright with being in the grass. Benjamin loved being in the grass and kicking his legs into it and if a parent joined in, that was even better. I loved doing that with him – seeing his big blue eyes and his big smile and his adorable laugh! I took video of that, but I haven’t added that to flickr yet. I also took a video of Ella ignoring me and standing and playing with the stroller.

At some point during our picnic, Ella came over to me to give me a baby kiss (you know, big slobbery kiss with the mouth wide open) and it tickled so I laughed. That only encouraged her to do it again by climbing on top of me to give me even more ticklish kisses. I was laughing so hard my tummy hurt and Ella was laughing quite hard too. I loved every second of it.

A while later, Jon took the babies on a walk through the trees and were gone for quite a while. I stayed back and read my book. Most of the time while we were there, there were several baseball games going on, but for a brief 10 minutes, the park seemed deserted except for me – that was a nice 10 minutes.

That night, I was going through the mail and noticed an ad for a kid swimming pool and thought, we should totally get one for the babies so you know what I did, I went out and got a $12 swimming pool from Target. The next day, we got Ben & Ella in their swimming suits (even though Ella’s is a 12 month suit, it doesn’t fit her!) and put them into the pool. They loved it! After a while, though, they wanted to crawl out of the pool and into the yard. I keep meaning to find some information on swim lessons for them. A friend of mine started her baby at 6 months. I’m mainly wanting to take them at a certain time so that they are with kids their own age and the time is a bit structured. As soon as I have time, I’m going to upload the pictures of them in their swimming pool.

Earlier in the day, we went to a certain warehouse club to pick up some items (diapers, baby wipes, etc.) and couldn’t resist the samples because I was HUNGRY and what better way to fill yourself up than to feast off the samples (though many of the samples were still in the oven cooking). One of the samples was a ice cream popsicle treat of some sort. I let Ben & Ella have some and they LOVED it. They saying “uh” when I was giving a taste to the other baby. When it was gone, they were not happy little campers. Jon said that I created two monsters. Luckily, they weren’t monster babies for too long.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home