Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Story Time

Here are a few little notes about my cuties (just so you know I use my blog as a way for me to remember what to put into the baby books I have for Ben & Ella that I have not filled out for a while – I really should get on that)…


Last night, Ella wasn’t feeling so well, so she went to bed pretty early and even was still sleeping this morning when Benjamin was trying to get her up around 6 a.m. And not only did she go to bed early, she didn’t even put up a fight when I put her in her bed. Though I should mention, she doesn’t really fight going to bed most nights nowadays. Her and Benjamin will hang out in there and chat before finally settling down to go to sleep. The few nights before last night though, she was fighting it. So she went to bed around 7:15 and Benjamin was still awake. He went to bed around 8 something – he was starting to fall asleep in Jon’s arms – there is something so cute about seeing a baby trying to desperately stay awake but not being able to and falling asleep wherever he or she is at the moment – whether they be sitting up and eating or on the floor playing.

Before Benjamin got into too sleep mode, he was playing down on the rug in the living room. While there, he got onto his belly and was lying down on the floor that way. He then started to press his face into the rug while yelling or talking or something. He did this repeatedly. I’ve seen him do it before – it’s just so funny and a little odd that he finds that enjoyable. Some of the time while he’s doing it, he will kick his legs too. I wish I knew why he likes to do that so much.

Later on that night, when I was about to get into bed, Jon and I checked on the babies. Benjamin was snoozing away and so was Ella, but Ella was lying on her left side with her right hand wrapped around one of the bard of the crib. Silly girl. We had our theories on exactly how she came to be sleeping like that. Mine was that she was thinking about pulling herself up to stand, but got too tired so she just fell asleep.

That reminds me, the other day I went into their room to get their beds set up for nighttime and the mommy bear was in her bed. I had assumed Jon had put it there for Ella to play with. He said he didn’t. So somehow she had got the mommy bear into her bed from where it was lying the last time I saw it – on a chest of drawers next to her bed.

And another story with Ella – she has started to say ‘uh’ either when she’s about to drop something to the floor or after she dropped something onto the floor. It’s rather cute. One time, I think she did say ‘uh oh’. Cute.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home