Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 05, 2008

Fun and Busy Weekend

This weekend seemed rather busy. I was doing chores most of the time, it seemed like. There’s always laundry that needs to be done or dishes – something. I’m completely exhausted today. I almost called in sick just so I could sleep. I went to bed early enough but I had to get up earlier than I usually do since the vanpool guy was on vacation today. Next week, he’ll be gone for 3 days, then later on, he’ll be gone for 2 weeks. Getting up that early just sucks and not being able to see my babies awake before I go sucks even more. They slept in ‘til 7 today, my husband says.

Anyway, Saturday, I had a friend coming over to meet my babies for the first time. This person was a bridesmaid in my wedding, but we seem to keep falling further out of touch. It’s always me that makes the contact too. It was nice to see her. She told me that she just had surgery to remove a tumor in her breast – thankfully, it was benign and it isn’t the kind that grows back. She’s younger than I am – just scary. Speaking of, my mom is having a MRI done today where her breast used to be. Hopefully, it is nothing more than scar tissue and not anything more serious than that. We should know more later. Please send some good thoughts her way.

Sunday, I had some friends over from my support group. It was great to see everyone and their babies. It’s just wonderful to see all of them after what all of us have gone through to get that point. Now, instead of our discussions revolving around how much we could be parents – it is exactly how to be a parent. The topic did come up on whether any of us would have any more children and all of us said yes, we would like to have more children though it didn’t seem that anyone is planning to go through another fresh IVF cycle. 3 of the ladies there have frozen embryos to use. One is possibly going to adopt another child. For us, I’d love to have another child, but it would have to happen naturally and I don’t hold out any hope of that happening. Although I don’t consider us really trying to make that happen either. If it happens, great; if not, great. It seemed the concensus among the group is that we are happy with our children, though we’d welcome more if it happened.

Speaking of being a parent, I read this article last night. I sometimes feel like I’m one of the 3 they talk about (though I did know the correct answers to the questions in the article).

I wonder a lot if I’m being a good parent. Am I introducing them to things to help them grow and learn? Am I introducing them to new foods as often as I should? Am I being too paranoid on when to introduce new foods? Yesterday, I gave them pieces of grape and watermelon. They’ve had grapes before in the baby food, but not like this before. They seemed to enjoy them. In fact, Ella kept asking for more and tried to grab my plate several times to get the bigger pieces. I guess I kept thinking they should have more teeth before I give them this stuff, but I guess if they are in small enough pieces, it should be o.k.

Anyway, it seemed the others were giving their children a lot more foods than we have. One gave their child pieces of cheese quesadilla. I guess that just seemed too much for them when Ella only has two teeth (though it seems she’s working on a couple up top) and Benjamin doesn’t have any, but her children have the same teeth situation Ella has. I may have to try it though. And another suggested hummus – why hadn’t I thought of that before? It’s already pretty much in baby food form. We also gave them some of the Zwieback toast that they both were enjoying (Benjamin actually put some food in his own mouth!), but then Ella started to gag on it as she gnawed on the toast with her two teeth.

An update on Benjamin – he is doing the twitching thing occasionally still. I asked my doctor friend from my support group and she agreed with what our pediatrician said. That’s good news.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    Saying a prayer for your mom!

    Glad to hear the twitching thing is diminishing. That must have been so scary at first for you!

    Rose eats everything under the sun now (except pb, honey, milk, - the no-no's). I was trying to be so careful for the longest time but the wanted what the boys had. She does have a ton of teeth, though.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Guess it is scar tissue. MRI did not show any abnormalities. Mooma

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home