Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Question!!!

If you don't want to read about a TMI issue - you may want to not read this post...

Does anyone know how would know if you lost your mucous plug or if you are just having some cervical mucus discharge? I'm currently freaking out (I know, yet again) because I had some clear mucus discharge and from what I read your mucous plug would have some pink tinge to it b/c it is bloody. Should I call the on-call doctor about this or is this something that can wait until Tuesday when I see my OB?




UPDATE: I called the doctor and the doctor said as long as the mucus isn't pinkish or brownish in color and there aren't any contractions, then things should be o.k. Luckily, I have an OB appointment on Tuesday so she can check me out then. With the cervix shortening, this just freaked me out. For now, I'm calm as it sounds like everything is o.k. I've been feeling the babies move a bit tonight so that is reassuring.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

    call. cant be too careful - do it now. xo

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    sometimes you just have a stronger discharge towards the end of the pregnancy but the mucous plug is usually followed by a brownish discharge or pink. if it concerns you then you should call the doctor.

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Kirsten said...

    My friend, who gave birth last Saturday, called me the day she lost her plug and described it for me...said at first it wasn't much but the next time she went to the restroom, there was no denying what it was. She said it was almost like her period but it was a huge clump. And, talk about TMI, she even saved it for her husband to see...blech. You definitely did the right thing by calling though, can't be too safe!

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    I hear the mucous plug looks pretty obvious (thick, discolored). Wish I knew more!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home