Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

29 weeks (Warning: Long Post)

This weekend was great for the most part. My mom, sister, and 2 nieces came over on Friday for the weekend so that they could attend my baby shower here in Seattle. After going to my CLE on Friday and visiting my friends in the hospital (though sadly, I waited for one of my friends to get back from her time in the jacuzzi, but she didn't come for a while and my family was in town, so I didn't get to see her then - I'm going to go visit her this week), I met my family for dinner. We ended up going back to my house to have dinner which was good so we could actually hear each other when we talked.

Saturday, we got up and hung out for a bit before heading out to the baby shower. As usual, I show up early. I had a wonderful time, and it was so great to see everyone come celebrate with me. There were quite a few people there. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends, family and coworkers. Thank you so much to everyone that came and a big THANK YOU to the hostesses of the shower - Ally & Kedra!!!

Apparently, I forgot to charge the batteries in my camera and I didn't have any extra batteries with me, so I don't have many pictures from the shower. I'm hoping that the hostess will share any pictures that she took. Oh, and I had a teeny bit of cake at the shower - I had been pretty good the past few days and everyone told me to go ahead and enjoy a piece, so I did. :-) But no more sweets for me...at least for a very long time.

After the shower, we came back home and my mom and sister were so incredibly nice and helped me put together the nursery. There are some things that still need to be done, but it is looking a lot better than it did before they came over. THANK YOU!!! Hopefully, we can put the finishing touches on it soon and I'll take a picture to share with everyone.

However, I must have done a little too much that night as sometime in the middle of the night, I woke with some painful contractions. Luckily, there were only 3 and they were quite short. Then later on, on Sunday morning, I had a couple more. I then asked my husband for his stopwatch so I could keep track of them, but they stopped and luckily, haven't come back. I'm really anxious about Wednesday's appointment as the OB is doing another FFN test and I'm nervous about what the test results might be. I can only hope we get good news again. Because of the contractions, my husband wants me to be on modified bedrest, so I'm trying to rest as much as possible (though I can see all the things that still need to be done and want to go do them). My brother is supposed to come over to live with us next week, so I'm hoping he'll be nice and help out.

The other night and again yesterday morning, our baby boy was having hiccups. Poor little guy - he is just so excited about swallowing that amniotic fluid! I'm feeling the babies move quite a bit - usually rolling around, but I will also get some rather big kicks. I find that feeling so wonderful. I have a feeling I might miss being pregnant for that reason (despite the swelling and back aches) though I cannot wait to meet these babies - however, I do hope they hold off on their arrival for another 7 weeks at least!

Some cute news for this weekend, my husband was cooking and cleaning with my nieces. That was really cute. My 4 (almost 5) year old niece LOVES to clean - I hope she doesn't outgrow that.

The kitties were very spooked by the little kids around the house. They hid out in our bedroom most of the time. At one point, Oliver got mad at me because I wouldn't let him into one of the cribs. I think he might have been upset with me too that I let these people come into our house. I can only imagine what he's going to be like when the babies come.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Sunny said...

    Hiccups, SO SWEET!

     
  • At 7:27 PM , Blogger gillian said...

    I read your blog all of the time..dont you think the troll is probably someone you know..seems strange that the person seems so invested in you blog to me!! Not to worry there are a lot of us who love reading it.

     
  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home