Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

28 weeks...

Well, you already know about my freak out moment from yesterday afternoon, but I have another freak out moment to share – this one happened in the middle of the night. I woke up – the first sensation I had was of acid reflux burning my throat then I started to choke on it. I was having trouble breathing – I just couldn’t catch a breath. It probably sounded like I was hyperventilating. I thought I was going to choke, and there wasn’t anything that Jon could do with me choking on my own acid reflux/vomit. I was pretty scared. Luckily, after a little while, I was able to catch a breath though my throat still burned. I really don’t want that to happen again.

Onto more exciting things, this weekend, I went out and bought myself a dress for my shower this weekend. A friend that was with me told me I looked good in it – I just look like a pregnant woman. Hopefully, my feet and ankles won’t be too swollen on that day, as it would look nicer to have the appearance of having ankles. I should probably see if I could even fit my feet into the sandals I want to wear with the dress.

I am very excited about this weekend. My mom, my sister, and 2 of my nieces will be coming over from Spokane to come to the shower. It will be nice to have them here. I need to find out if my mother-in-law is up to coming and if she and my sister-in-law need a ride as their car was totaled in the accident she had on the 14th. The last I heard, she was doing fine. Hopefully, that’s still the case. It will be nice to have them and all of my friends I’ve met throughout the years at the shower. So excited! My boss just told me that she and my “2nd boss” are planning a shower for me at work on May 17th – so nice of them! I’m being spoiled. My boss is also coming to my friends/family shower this Saturday.

Other than dress shopping, I bought an exercise ball as the PT and the teachers of the various childbirth/parenting classes I’ve been to say these balls are wonderful to have. I did various other things over the weekend, but I didn’t do much cleaning of my house for my company coming over on Friday. So I guess we’ll be busy this week getting things ready.

Well, tomorrow is the 2nd glucose test – I need to figure out what to bring with me to keep myself occupied. Thanks for all the advice I’ve gotten so far. Since I don’t have a laptop or a travel DVD player, I think I’ll try to read a book and I also thought I would get started on those thank you cards I should have done by now for the shower I had back in Spokane. I’m also bringing my iPod to listen to music and possibly play the limited games that are on there. Jon has a Tetris game somewhere, but we have no idea where it is.

Anyway, I’ll write again when I can.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    If you can't figure out something really fun for the 3hr test, I suggest getting the trashiest celebrity magazines to waste the time. I like having these for the gym when I'm on the elliptical (that hasn't happened in a while though) b/c I forget how long I've been running and just get distracted by the cheesy gossip.

    Good luck!!! Looking forward to Saturday!!

     
  • At 2:00 AM , Blogger blubberfatality said...

    sorry to hear about the reflux. I have had the same thing happen. You might want to consider taking that prescribed antacid everyday. It really will help if you take it consistently. I hope your test goes by really fast tomorrow!!!

    Ally

     
  • At 6:32 AM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    I hope you have a wonderful time at te shower. You'll have to post with pictures and many details.

    So sorry you felt so yucky last night...doesn't sound fun. Is there anything you can do for reflux? Is the shortness of breath just due to being pregnant? Hard to know all of these things when you've never been pregnant before. I know I never know what's "normal" and therefore feel worried a lot.

    Question- Any chance you've picked out a stroller...I'm starting to shop around a little and I feel that's an important purchase for twins... I really want a good one but I'm not really wanting to dish out a thousand dollars for one of those Italian models that people rave about.

    Good luck on your glucose test. Keeping my fingers that you pass with flying colors.

    -Faith

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    Your work shower is on mom's birthday!!

    I have taken the 3 hour test before, though not for pregnancy, but anyway, the time will go by fast and you will feel the need to sleep at some points. I dont think you will want to do much reading due to the sleepy eyes.

    can't wait to see you this weekend and I hope the test went well!!

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Blogger Watson said...

    Wow, 28 weeks -- congrats!

    Have a wonderful time at your shower :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home