Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Still going well... (29 weeks 2 days)

Things are still going well with the blood sugar testing. All of my numbers so far have been under what they want it to be. So that's good. If that continues, it looks diet alone will control things. To answer Erin's question, we were told to put our pokey thingy on the 3rd setting right in the middle and to test our blood 2 hours after finishing eating. Even on the 3rd setting, it hurts, but luckily, no bruises! That doesn't sound good at all!

The nurse at the diabetes center also wants us to test our urine each morning and this is supposed to tell us if we are getting enough to eat. Did others with gestational diabetes have to do this too? I guess it makes sense to do this test too since we are changing what we eat.

This morning, I woke up feeling o.k., but that didn't last. While brushing my teeth this morning, I started to gag and felt the need to throw up. Luckily, I didn't throw up, but the constant gagging did make my tummy rather tight as if I was having a contraction. I think I had a few contractions last night, but they were more a feeling of tightening which was unpleasant but not painful like the ones I was feeling over the weekend.

In about an hour, I'll be leaving work to go to my OB appointment for another FFN test. Hopefully, we'll get good news again. Despite the FFN test, I'm looking forward to today's OB appointment because I'm hoping she'll do another ultrasound like she did last week. I don't think the babies have moved at all, but I do love seeing them and hearing their little hearts beating.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    That is very good that you are maintaining your blood sugar with just diet.

    I hope things went well today! keep me posted!!

     
  • At 6:34 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    Great job. I hope your levels stay in the normal range. Keep up the good work with your eating.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home