Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 15, 2006

Non-Pregnancy, Infertility Related Post

Last night, I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner, but she canceled again, so I got to get stuck in that beautiful football & weather traffic on the way home. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to UW from Issaquah to pick up my husband, and another 1/2 hour to get home from there. When we finally got home, we found we had no power. A big wind storm came through last night and left, I heard, around 1.5 million households without power.

We still didn't have power this morning when we had to do the shot and get ready for work. That was fun. I met my vanpool (a little late b/c they had closed off my normal route for a tree down in the middle of the road (I would learn later when it was light out), and we were on our way to work where it looked like only a few had power. Our offices had some power b/c of back up generators, but they decided to send everyone home anyway b/c not all of the offices had power. Being sent home kinda annoyed me b/c it was warm at work and I had electricity to check my e-mail and such.

I get home, eat some breakfast, decide to go do some shopping b/c it is cold in my house - poor kitties. I come home again, then leave again, and am now at my husband's work b/c we still have no power which will suck tonight since it is supposed to get into the higher 20s and lower 30s tonight. Yikes!

I was going to go to a party tonight, but I just don't feel like it. Trying to get around on the streets around here where some lights are out just takes forever and I just don't want to deal with it anymore - of course, I don't want to go home where it's cold either.

Well, that's all for now. We should probably get something to eat and head home and be cold. I have more to say, but it will have to wait until I have power - hopefully, that will happen soon.

UPDATE: Yay - we have power! Nice, warm house. Such a nice thing. Now, I need to go to bed. I'm so tired!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    I always feel sooooo stupid when we lose power because I keep trying to do things like turn on a light to read (you know, cause the TV doesnt work;), pop something in the microwave, and the DUH! moment keeps hitting me in the face. While you guys are getting hit with the weather, we are having days in the 40's and 50's even 60 one day here on Ohio..weird.

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

    hey hi - my comment is unrelated to power loss :)
    Im just checking in after a while and wow! twins! me too. and I've read back over some of your posts and you are not alone - I am totally with you. hugs

     
  • At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My parents are stuck in a hotel there! You guys have really gotten crazy, crazy weather lately.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    glad you got your power back!!!

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm glad your power is back on. We've had two outages this year -- one in July for 5 days, when it was sweltering, and another a couple of weeks ago, for 3.5 days. It's amazing how quickly the very furniture gets cold.

     
  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Your post made me shiver! Glad to hear you got your power back!

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    Ohn- dont feel too bad. I do the same thing! Complete brain-fart moment. send some of your weather this way!!

    and sis- I am so glad you did not have to spend the weekend without power. I hope everyone over there and here get their power soon. We were very lucky and did not loose our power, but my grandmother-in-law had a large pine tree fall across the street from her house.

    How are those babies?

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    lose, not loose. oops

    sorry! very little sleep last night!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home