Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Just felt like blogging...

I am starting to feel very anxious about my next doctor appointment (the first OB appointment) and it isn't for another 13 days! I have no reason to doubt that anything has gone wrong, but I can't help but be scared that something has or will. It would be so nice to be one of those fertile myrtles that can get pregnant with no problem and are oblivious to the things that could go wrong.

I've been feeling less nauseous lately, which is good, but also makes me nervous because I thought that didn't go away until the 2nd trimester - I'm only at a little over 9 weeks. Infertility just stays with you - it never goes away. That mindset will always be with me.

I'm still really tired. I slept basically from 7 p.m. last night until I got up at 6 and I'm still really tired.

Anyway...

In other news, my sister's biopsy results came back normal, but they still want her to come back in 6 months for another mammogram. My dad, however, isn't doing so well. It looks like he has something wrong with the lumbar region of his back and is having a surgical consult on Friday to see if they would suggest surgery to correct the problem. Then my mom tells me that the doctors said one of her kidneys isn't functioning properly, so she had some tests on Tuesday that came back normal, but they still want her to come in for an ultrasound on Friday and do a 24 hour urine collection. Is my whole family falling apart?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I know what you mean about getting nervous. No reason at all to think that something has gone wrong except that I haven't had confirmation that everything is ok for a week now. I rented a doppler today (should be here by early next week, hopefully) so I can try and start finding the heartbeat to keep me sane. I know it might not happen right off the bat which could make me more nervous, but I'm hopeful that it won't take long and then I can hear that little gallop whenever I start to get nervous.

    Glad to hear your sister's results were good. Bummer about your dad though. I hope it doesn't need surgery. I have a great chiropractor if he's in the area. And mom too? I hope the kidney's are fine.

     
  • At 7:01 AM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    I hope all goes well with you and your family.

    In your situation, ignorance is bliss isn't it? Darn that knowledge!

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger teamwinks said...

    With all of that going on no wonder you are a bit unnerved. I hope everything turns out well with your family.

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    Of course you are tired - you are making TWO babies. That is a lot of hard work.

     
  • At 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i was just wondering...what made you think that being fertile makes someone oblivious to complications during pregnancy?

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger seattlegal said...

    Apparently, that didn't come out the way I intended. It's just as a person who struggles with infertility, we tend to think about and stress about things more than if a person who got pregnant with no problems. I've seen this in my own life with those I know who got pregnant with no problems - and they can't seem to understand why I would be worried ALL THE TIME that something could go wrong.

    And I'd really appreciate it if you (and others) left your name or a way to contact you than just posting anonymously.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home