Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 04, 2006

Five Things

A while back, I was tagged to post 5 things that some of you might not know about me...I finally got around to thinking of 5 things...

1) I cannot stand the sound of someone popping their knuckles and sometimes whistling even bothers my ears.

2) I'm naturally a very shy person, which seems kinda funny since I have this blog and sharing all this personal stuff with the world.

3) When my sister and I were little - well, maybe around 10 and 12 or a little younger, I'm not sure - we lived in a town called Azle, Texas. One day, there was a bad storm and we saw two tornadoes forming across the road from us in a field. Luckily, they headed the other direction. If I remember right, one did touch down. It was such a scary experience. I'd much rather go through an earthquake (which I have several times now).

4)Speaking of natural disasters, I lived in Spokane at the time Mt. St. Helens blew back in 1980. It happened on May 18, 1980 and I told my mom it was her late birthday present - her birthday being the day before. We got quite a bit of ash in Spokane - the whole city was covered in it. I remember walking from our house (where my sister currently lives with her family) to the fire station to get our masks. We walked there with towels covering our mouth. My dad missed the whole thing as he was in training in Texas at the time.

A few years later, I was in my 3rd or 4th grade class in Roanoke, Texas when the subject of Mt. St. Helens came up. Being a naturally shy person, it took a lot for me to raise my hand but I felt the need to share the information that I had lived in Washington state at the time and that I could bring in a jar of ash to show everyone. The next day, I brought in the jar, and a lot of people thought that was pretty cool. I felt good that day to share something that no one else had experienced.

5)Umm, one more thing. I started playing the clarinet in the 6th grade. I stopped playing it at the end of my sophomore year of high school. I sometimes regret quitting - I especially regret the reason I quit - because it wasn't cool to be in band at my high school and as with any teenager, I wanted to be cool.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    mom says that we actually drove to the firestation? I always thought we walked too.

    I remember that storm. was that also when you went and chased after the garbage cans??? and those wonderful tornado forts made from the couch cushions!!

    I think hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornados are all scarey for me. But seeing as how I have been through all of them I think the earthquake was the less scarey one.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Knuckle popping makes me absolutely cringe!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I'll try not to pop my knuckles around you, but I might forget. If so, I apologize in advance and you have permission to tell me to knock it off! LOL

    I grew up in MO and went to college in OK so I've experienced my share of tornadoes. I, too, prefer earthquakes. Small ones.

     
  • At 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I lived in Seattle when Mt. St. Helen's blew . . . on my birthday. I can't tell you how many craft bazaars I attended that had an overwhelming number of ceramics glazed with "Mt.St.Helen's Ash" for sale.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home