Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 01, 2006

Bittersweet Goodbye

I had to say goodbye to my support group over e-mail rather than in person. I really would have loved to have said goodbye (or a see ya later) in person this coming Tuesday, but I just didn't feel right about going to the meeting this next Tuesday when others who left before me didn't get to go to the meetings at this point in their pregnancy. It especially didn't feel right when one of the ladies got some bad news this past week.

I am going to miss them so much. When I wrote the e-mail to them (while at work), I couldn't help but tear up - much like I'm doing now writing about it. These ladies have meant so much to me. If it wasn't for them, I don't know how long it would have taken me to go back to the RE and to continue to pursue fertility treatments. I don't know if I could have made it through the negatives of the two IUIs this year if it wasn't for them. I don't know if I could have made it through the IVF cycle if it wasn't for them. They gave me the support, along with all of you, when I needed it.

I can't believe how much this is hurting me to not have this group anymore.I had no idea it would hurt me to this degree. I feel like I'm losing so much of who I am today. And to think someone once told me I should ditch the group so that I would stop thinking about my infertility so much. This is definitely a bittersweet ending to my membership in this group.

I am so grateful for them. I hope and pray that the three ladies left in the group find their way to parenthood soon, so we can enjoy being parents together. Thank you to my ladies of Tuesday night.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could all meet again down the road for a play group!? It is hard to be the one leaving knowing that the others are happy for you but still going through their own problems. I think the nicest thing you did was not to go to the meeting. I would imagine there would be alot of mixed feelings for all of you. I am sure they appreciate your sensitivity~

     
  • At 6:17 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    I'm sure it was a very hard thing to do. It's not every day we find people we care about as much as you do them.

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    that is bittersweet. it's great that the reason you're leaving the group is a pregnancy, but hard that the good news comes with this not-so-good side effect.

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    It is kind of like a survior's guilt since you made it out and they are still there. Maybe you can find a new group through your OB's office. My sister did that and then it turned into a play group. It was wonderful for her.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home