Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Long Post About Many Different Things

Thankfully, the progesterone arrived today. It was supposed to come yesterday, but apparently, FedEx was closed here yesterday. I told a guy in the mail room to call me as soon as he received it, and he did. So happy it came today. I called the nurse just in case to find out what to do, and she just said to take as much as I could and take the rest when the drugs arrived. Thankfully, I don't have to do that.

I guess not a lot of people were in the office yesterday - not that surprising. The roads around my office are just awful - just as bad, if not worse, than the roads around my house. This is including the main roads too and I-90 near Issaquah. I met my vanpool people this morning and things were actually going smoothly once we got onto the freeway until we got close to Issaquah, then people were sliding a bit and coming almost to a complete stop. The road that we turn on to get to my office - just completely covered in ice. It was bad. We're expecting more snow tonight too - hopefully, not a recreation of what happened Monday night when some friends took somewhere between 4-6 hours to get home (and they weren't going too far either).

Oh, and on a sweet note. A coworker of mine who used to hold the position I also used to hold (that probably is confusing) before we both were promoted apparently came by yesterday when I wasn't here to tell me congratulations. I'm not sure who he heard the news from - I only thought maybe 3 people up on the 3rd floor (the legal department is all split up) knew the news - but he heard that we are pregnant and expecting twins. Anyway, the sweet thing is that I e-mailed him this morning when I found out he was down here yesterday and he said he wanted to congratulate us on the great news and to give me a big hug. He said that he is very excited for us. I kinda hinted a while back with him that we were having problems and seeking medical help - that was maybe 2 years ago - I haven't talked to him about it since. Anyway, it was sweet.

As for pregnancy symptoms, I'm feeling some serious nausea lately. Yesterday morning, I was just innocently brushing my teeth when I started to gag and well, that gagging led to vomiting. Yuck. I hate to brush my teeth these days. I really hate to floss them. And the nausea stays with me all day long. It is a weird feeling to feel hungry and nauseous all at the same time - just like I feel extremely tired, then wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

That's all for today.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    Wow- I am a little late to the party, but wanted to CONGRATULATE you on your twins! How very exciting!!!

     
  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    great news that you got the PIO. whew! makes it worth it to have braved the roads. I'm so OVER this weather. I just want to be able to drive my car, but I may be stuck in the house for a 3rd day tomorrow. I may have to drive down to the grocery store, just to break up the monotony!!

    Sorry the gagging led to actual vomiting. My only saving grace is that I'm not actually vomiting. It's so weird though, I feel like I'm in a constant state of stage-fright. Nervous and anticipating something, but it's just the nausea. Very strange indeed.

    I have had a better time of it lately with the middle-of-the-night insomnia, luckily. As I sit here and YAWN I was going to say that I'm not that fatigued, but that's probably b/c I haven't done anything for 2 days.

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Vomiting while brushing your teeth can't be much fun! I hope the nausea goes away soon. Your post almost made me feel guilty for the 75 degree weather we had here yesterday. The house next to me is for sale, wanna be neighbors! ;-)

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Its great that you got your PIO. I hope that the nausea goes away soon.

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Blogger KeDaCoMo said...

    The toothbrush always got me too. Try to find a flavor of toothpaste more to your liking.

    Glad you got your 'drugs' in time!!

    We got more snow here last night. I am dreading taking the kids to school. But at least we are in double digits again. Should be back in the 30's by Saturday! Yay!

     
  • At 8:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's so funny that you wrote about FEDEX and progesterone - I JUST posted about my own FEDEX-progesterone issues. Unfortunately, unlike you mine hasnt gotten in on time and I had to take a 3rd of my dose today.

    So you have started feeling symptoms? When did they kick in? How many weeks are you now?

    So excited about all your news! Keep it going! :D

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home