Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Did that really happen?

The day after the news is here. The whole situation is so surreal. I still can’t believe I got a positive. My next beta is on Friday at 8:15. I won’t be leaving work early that day like I did yesterday, unfortunately.

Yesterday, before I left, several of my coworkers asked if I was going to call them when I found out. I told them I would as soon as I was ready. I called my family first, then told my friends – both in real-life and in blogland. Then I called my work buddies. They were all so excited for me! I actually called my voice mail at work, because the nurse had called and left a message at work, just to make sure that she really said 476. She did. OMG!

Anyway, I come in this morning and start walking down the hallway to my cube and see these streamers coming down from the ceiling to my cube. I wondered if that was my cube. It was! Tomorrow, I’m going to bring my camera so I can take a picture and show you guys. Most of me is so excited that they did this – how sweet! But part of me is a little anxious about it because I didn’t want all the employees of this company to know. I wasn’t even sure when I was going to tell my vanpool (though I did tell the girl in my van that just had the baby). I thought maybe I would wait until after the ultrasound, whenever that might be, but if they walk by my cube, they’ll know.

Several people have asked me how I feel. I really don’t feel much different physically from what I’ve described before – though believe me, I’m looking for anything that might actually prove the IVF was successful besides the beta (though that is a good indication).


I just want to thank everyone so much for their comments. It is so amazing to have such a wonderful group of women cheer you on. It’s hard for me, especially after my support group meeting last night, to not have everyone join you in pregnancy. I want to have everyone be pregnant too. Last night, one of the women in my group said that I was being really quiet – although part of it was due to being really tired, part of it also was that I feel guilty for having succeeded on our first try at IVF. I just hope that each of them and all of you still trying reach success soon too.

Labels:

15 Comments:

  • At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That was very nice of them!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger BigP's Heather said...

    I just stopped by to see the results - I don't have time to read the posts yet but I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Carol said...

    woohoo! yippee! congratulations!

    and 476! Girl that is high! I'm definitely betting that you have more than one in there.

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow, that was really nice of those co-workers!!!

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! woo hoo! Yay!

    Wishing you a full-term and healthy pregnancy. Can't wait to read all about it!

    Positives rule!

     
  • At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    you dont' know me, but congratulations, that is just amazing news and you deserve it with everything you've been through.

     
  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger ak1908 said...

    OMGoodness!!!!!! I haven't been to your blog in a while, but I am soooooooooo excited for you! Congratulations! You totally deserve it!!!! How nice of your coworkers!!!! Congrats again!

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heather, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to post here so you don't miss it, since you made an update today!!
    I cannot express how THRILLED I am to hear this INCREDIBLE news!!!!!!
    OH MY GOD, your beta is AMAZING!!! Twins you think? ;D
    To let you know I have read that beta's over a 100 at 14dpo (or dpER in IVF land) are an incredibly good sign. And this means yours is a good sign time FOUR PLUS!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! OMG, after IVF, this is SO deserving. I frankly wish that EVERY woman who had to go through it would be a 100% guaranteed mom. It is such a big undertaking.
    I am THRILLED for you!! And can't wait to follow more and hear on just how many there are!!

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I totally hear you on the wanting everyone to be pg with you, it's so true. The guilt over having succeeded is very real. It's like you don't want to rub it into ppls faces that are still struggling.

    That's partly why I am so friggin excited that we are pg at the same time. Seriously, I can hardly stand it!!! We're practicially due date buddies!

     
  • At 4:23 AM , Blogger ms. c said...

    YAY HEATHER!!
    I got all teary-eyed and shivery! Congrats, girl! you so deserve this.
    Wishing you all the best in the coming months.

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I am a lurker coming out of hiding to say Woohoo!!!!
    I am so happy for you.

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    I am so happy for you! No survivor's guilt though. You worked hard, and you should never put "only one IVF" in that order. One is way more than enough!

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger OHN said...

    Fantastic...I do understand the happy/guilty thing. I felt it too....the other time I felt that was when I wanted to complain about preg.symptoms and I didn't dare because I had wanted it for so long I thought people would judge me as an ingrate. Congrats on the +...:)

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    I agree - one IVF is MORE than enough!

    I am so excited for you!!

     
  • At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OMG, PLEASE don't feel bad in any way for having success on your first IVF attempt!

    I know it's easy for me to say, because I don't know what you're going through, but I for one want you to enjoy each and every moment of your pregnancy and not feel any guilt.

    YAY it worked and we're so happy for you :-)

    And, you give us hope that it CAN be successful!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home