Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Best Election Day EVER!!!

Beta: 476!!!!

We got the call a little over an hour ago. Thank God we didn't have to wait too long. This morning, the guy taking my blood said it would be between 1 and 4 and they called at 1:10.

I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be when I found out the news. The weather and the traffic in Seattle today just sucks. It took me about 50 or so minutes to get from Issaquah over to UW to pick up my husband. Way too long. And I was HUNGRY, so I decided to go to a fast food place (McDonald's - I remembered today why I think McDonald's is gross) so we could get home as soon as possible. As soon as I drive into the McDonald's parking lot near our house, my cell phone rings (well, it plays "How to Save a Life" by The Fray). I quickly get into a parking spot and the butterflies in my stomach are fluttering madly. I answer the phone and one of the women from my clinic asked me how I was. I said fine. I swear it felt like forever before she told me the great news. She began to tell me that they wanted the beta over 50 and I said "and what is my beta?" Mine was at 476!!! Holy cow!

This morning felt it took forever. It took forever to get from the clinic to my office, then it took forever for the time to come for me to go get my husband. The wait was definitely worth it.

Also, my husband has been meaning to write a post about his feelings on our infertility...if you would like to read it, please go here. He wrote this early this morning before finding out the great news.

Labels:

20 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    That is super news! Congratulations!

     
  • At 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woo hoo!!! What fabulous news.

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Keeping The Faith said...

    Oh that is great news! I am so happy for you! Just thrilled :-)

    Congratulations,
    Faith

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. What a great beta!

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so happy for you!!! I started tearing up again reading your blog!! I am so happy that I am going to be an auntie!!!! oh, yeah and I am happy for you too! ;P oh.... *big,big hugs*

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YAY -- what great news.

    I am doing a happy dance for you now in my office. I look ridiculous but who cares!?!?

    CONGRATS and here's to those numbers just going up and up!!!

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    I remember the first time I got that call. I called my husband at work, told him he needed to come home right away that the dishwasher was leaking all over(small lie but worth it). He came in the door and could tell by the look on my face that the call came--we stood there in the doorway crying and hugging...great feeling--CONGRATS!!

     
  • At 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Steve said...

    Congratulations!!! This is definetely the best Election day ever. Good luck

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger GLouise said...

    I am thrilled for you!!!!

    And... that is a great number!!

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

    I just knew it!! I'm so so so so so so so excited for you girlie!!!!

    That's a VERY good beta for 15dpo (10d5dt) you should start preparing yourself mentally for the possibility of twins. It's in now way guaranteed based on a beta, but that' a GREAT beta!!!

    I can't stop smiling!!!!

    And what is UP with this weather? I'm totally cut off in my town. No way in or out.

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

    H-E-A-T-H-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I am so happy I could click my heels! What fantastic news - it brightens this positively ugly day! Could it possibly rain any more?! LOL.

    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! How are you feeling?!

     
  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Jaimie said...

    Fabulous!!! You have to be way past cloud nine! Congratulations. I can't wait to find out how many you've got in there!! One of my friends transfered two and ended up with three (a set of identical twins)

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

    Congratulations!!!!!!!!! What beautiful numbers. My first beta was 371 and I found out today that we have triplets. Maybe you will soon be finding out you have a while team in there!!!!!!!! :>)

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Can't wait for grandchild number 5 and 6 to arrive. Love MOM

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Blogger Portia P said...

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    What fantastic news.
    I'm SO very pleased for you. You totally deserve it!
    xx

     
  • At 12:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    476! Holy Shit! That's great! And maybe multiples? Im sure i'm not the only person who will say that either! Yay! IVF does work!!!

     
  • At 3:51 AM , Blogger Sunny said...

    What wonderful newsw and numbers!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:57 AM , Blogger Sunny said...

    This comment is for your husband.

    I am a fan of your wive's blog. I wanted to just tell you that you did an AMAZING job with this post!!!! I saw your courage and strength throughout.

    YOU ARE GOING TO BE AN AMAZING DAD!

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Wow! Congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home