Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's Done!

We just did all 3 shots! Once again, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm glad, though, that I have my husband to help me with this - to draw up the medication and to make sure everything is just right for the shots. I'd be too anxious on my own. He even thought to bring in his CD player so I can listen to some soothing music while setting up the shots, then doing the shots. He asked me what music I wanted and I said Sarah McLachlan would be good, so he brought me the Afterglow CD and also some other music he thought would be soothing like 10,000 Maniacs Our Time in Eden CD and also some Metallica CD (the last one obviously to make me laugh as nothing Metallica has done would I consider to be soothing).

A question I have though is that they gave me 10 vials of the Menopur, but possible retrieval was supposed to be on the 25th, which would mean at least 11 days of taking the medication. Should I be asking for some more? It seems silly to order more for just 1 more vial.

And a comment on the Gonal F pen - though it is very cool that we don't have to reset the pen for each use, it is kinda weird to use - you have a needle in you and you are pushing down on the plunger as it clicks. It is just the clicking I find kinda weird.

Another question I have is - do you sit down or stand up while giving yourself the shots? I was sitting down, but I decided to stand up tonight or just lean against the bed. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    Congrats on doing the shots! I think that the first ones are the hardest.

    I have always prefered to sit down when I do shots, but that's just me.

    It's great that your hubby is getting so involved!

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    good for you!

    as for the menopur, my clinic does only the 10 doses and then uses only GonalF after that. I get to do a double dose of Menopur though, so it only lasts me 5 days. Still, I'm sure they will just use straight FSH (vs. the FSH/LH combo in Menopur) but do ask just in case.

    As for sitting or standing, I think I've always stood, never really thought about it. While I was pg with DS and diabetic, I did most of the insulin shots sitting - often in a restaurant waiting for the server to come by to take our order. Nothing like drawing up meds when they're asking you what you'd like to drink. LOL

    The pen is very easy to use, but you're right, it seems somehow weird to just push and hold the button vs. continuing to push a plunger all the way in.

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Debbi said...

    Congratulations on getting the first set of shots under your belt, so to speak. As to how to take them, I find it easiest to lie down when I'm taking the sub-q shots (gonal, lupron, etc.)

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm finding your blog really helpful. It's good to know how someone in the same situation as me is doing.

    I'm doing one shot of gonal-f each night. The clicking is weird, but kind of reassuring. I tried my tummy for the first time tonight. My husband thought it seemed closer to the 'target' so I gave it a go. Didn't hurt and would be easier to do in a public place than pulling my trousers down!

    Stay positive x

     
  • At 6:53 AM , Blogger TeamWinks said...

    Congratulations on the shots!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home