Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

#1 Shot

Well, I gave myself my first shot of Lupron last night. It wasn’t as bad as I had built it up to be, but it still kinda hurt – or at least, I could feel the prick for a little while after the shot. At least now, I know I can do it. However, my husband still wants me to wait until he’s at home before I do the shot because he wants to be involved somehow, so he’s pulling up the medication in the needle for me. J So right now, I’m taking 3 pills (one twice a day), the Lupron shot, and my vitamins and folic acid supplement. It’s a lot. One of the pills, the BCP, will end on Saturday.


The work issue is still unresolved and it is really, really stressing me out. I need to get it resolved this week as the next few weeks are going to be really busy and I’ll be out of the office, coming in late, or leaving early several days out of the week. (Just to clear up a misunderstanding – I don’t work for the government – I work in the legal department of a public company. In my job, I have to deal with government agencies all the time. It would be easier to say where I worked, but I probably shouldn’t).

So here’s my busy schedule for this month:

Let’s see – next week - Tuesday, I have my suppression check @ 2; Wednesday, I have a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) all day; and Friday, I have a ½ day CLE. Luckily, my employer is paying for these CLEs (unlike the one I was irritated about a couple months ago or so). Then that Saturday is when I start my stims.

Then the week after – almost every other day starting on Monday, I will going to the doctor’s office for bloodwork and/or ultrasounds and Friday, I have an all day CLE (this one, I’m paying for – all about corporations and the 1st Amendment – I am really looking forward to this one).

Oh, and the week after that is the possible egg retrieval (I’m taking 2 days off work per nurse recommendation), then 3-5 days after that is the embryo transfer (I’m taking 3 days off work per nurse recommendation).

So it’s a busy month for me and one, I’ll be out of the office quite a bit!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM , Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

    I'm glad the shot went well. Great that hubbie is going to help.

    (I/we start Lupron shots on Friday)

    You do have a busy schedule coming up! I hope you can keep your stress level down. Will continue to check in on you, cycle-sister!

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger OHN said...

    I know you have heard this from tons of people by now, but try to stay as stress free as possible during this crazy time. I really believe that it does help when the time comes for the transfer. :)

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

    I agree with the others. You need to try to minimize your stress as much as possible. I hope that you are able to resolve the work drama.

    I am so glad that the shot went well. I hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you. Hugs.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I appreciate the updates, you're giving me a good idea of what to expect, so it makes starting the process a little less scary.

    I had no idea they suggest you take off a couple of days for both retrieval and transfer. Yikes. Makes sense, though, I guess - better safe than sorry, right?

    Good luck with all the shots, pills, etc.!!

     
  • At 4:47 PM , Blogger Sunny said...

    YEAH to your first shot!!!

     
  • At 9:03 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    you're on your way to being a mommy!!!!

     
  • At 8:29 AM , Blogger x said...

    I had my hubbie do the needles, it gives them a part to play.
    I'm glad you got through that first hurdle. I hope everything with your schedule works out.

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    GOOD JOB on doing the shot! I am your biggest admirer for that. If I had to do it, I like to think I would, but it scares me to even consider it! Right before Mr. Alli gave me my first shot, I had a dream the needle broke off in my hip! LOL.

    You should go get a massage or something. Put your feet up and watch the Office tonight. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home