Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 02, 2006

Another Infertility Book Read

I finished reading "A Little Pregnant" by Ed Decker and Linda Carbone. It was an unbelievably sad story - this couple went through so much on their quest to have a baby. There's only one thing that kinda irritated me about this book - if you don't plan to read this book or don't care for "spoilers", then read why below.



















Yep, after deciding to adopt (and having that fall through), the couple ends up pregnant on their own without any medical help. This will only make those who say "just adopt, then you'll get pregnant" think they are in the right. Well, I am here to tell you that there is a very small chance that I could ever get pregnant on my own. Sure, it happened with this couple, but every couple is different. They didn't have fallopian tube blockages, like I do. They were able to get pregnant on their own before, while I haven't.

It was an o.k. book except for what some may get from the ending.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Nickie said...

    I hear ya. I hate hate hate it when IF books or articles end with a miracle surprise pg! It's like COME ON ALREADY! I don't want to hear that all I need to do is suffer thru the perils of IVF, fail, give up all hope, and then I'll get pg. If it's going to happen all on it's own, why in the hell not NOW!?!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home