Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I was reminded of something...

...when reading a post from another fellow infertile blogger. I don't want to sound like I'm being rude or anything - I just want to set the record straight for those who don't know.

When transfer happens, it is not the same as implantation. The embryos will need to implant themselves. If only the doctors could get the embryos to implant at the time of transfer! Also, IVF doesn't work everytime, so one cannot assume that I will get pregnant my first time using this procedure. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I have a lot of hope it will work for us, but I am not pregnant yet. I had to say more times than necessary today that having 7 embryos does not mean I am pregnant. Who knows what will happen in between now and whenever transfer may happen - either tomorrow or Saturday. Who knows what will happen in between transfer and the beta test.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    Thanks for saying that. I have tried to correct some people as well, and it's hard not to come across as rude or arrogant. For some reason when people say they get their embryo's "implanted" back it just rubs me the wrong way. I know it's not their fault for not understanding : )

    I will be keeping everything crossed that this will work for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home