Desperately Seeking Baby...Babies Found

My thoughts on raising twins and a singleton after infertility.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Random Stuff

I thought I wouldn't have anything to say until tomorrow, but I do have some things.

1) The drugs arrived at my desk about an hour ago. Usually packages arrived earlier than that, so I was a little nervous about it and called the pharmacy to make sure it was shipped out and delivered. Of course, some of the drugs need to be refrigerated. You wanna know where I put them? In one of the fridges that everyone on this wing and floor uses... So there in the fridge sits a big silver package with a sticker on it that says "medications - need to be refrigerated" (or something like that). I tried to fit it in my boss' fridge, but the package was too big! The package took up one entire shelf. I suppose I could have taken the medicines out of the bag, but I'd rather wait until I got home to do that. So, umm, to my friends who are coming over this weekend, when you go to get a drink, you'll see my drugs sitting there in the fridge along with everything else. :-)

2) I know I've only been on BCPs for a little over a week, but I thought they would have cleared up skin by now rather than make it break out even more. I actually had a coworker say to me - "you're breaking out". What? Really? I had no idea and thanks for pointing that out btw. That doesn't make me feel self-conscious at all. You know, that reminds me. Back when I was in high school, an aunt said to me "when you're older, you won't have acne and your freckles will disappear or become lighter". LIAR!!! I think my freckles are darker (and there are more of them) and acne, no matter how much I clean my face, will always be with me, it seems. I actually like my freckles now - I didn't so much when I was younger.

3) It may seem strange to some of you to hear that a person who is afraid of needles to go ahead and schedule an acupunture appointment, but I did. For some reason, I don't fear the acupuncture needles nearly as much as the needles that contain medicine or take my blood. It was a little nervous at first, but I got used to the acupuncture needles. My next acupuncture appointment is next Wednesday night.

4) Speaking of needles, I have to have my blood taken tomorrow. I hate giving my blood. I'm sure I've mentioned it at one point or another how giving blood for me is a really painful time since they always have a hard time finding a vein to take blood from, and sometimes have to resort to taking blood from the vein on my hand. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. My husband also have to give some blood tomorrow - he is a lot better at the blood letting than I am.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger beagle said...

    Good Luck tomorrow!

    I don't think you'll mind the acupuncture needles they don't feel at all like the injection or blood sample kind of needle.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger Nickie said...

    All those meds pretty much freak you out, eh?

    I'm glad you are giving acupuncture a try, the needles are sooo much easier, I hardly feel them at all.

    And about the bcp, sorry they're wreaking havoc on your face. They didn't do anything to mine, but then again they didn't seem to do a very good job of suppressing my ovaries either, so maybe you can be confident that they're working? I sure hope so.

     
  • At 8:38 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

    Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your words of encouragement. I'm starting acupuncture next week too. Let me know how it is. I'm terribly afraid of needles and I'm very nervous about my first treatment.

     
  • At 8:58 AM , Blogger x said...

    The blood draws were probably the worst part for me. I like the acupuncture too, it's a neat feeling.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck with the blood draw! needles are so much fun!!

    I use St. Ives blemish control when I break out. it is cheap, but works very well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home